Outlaw Rogue Rework (Rethread from General)

Outlaw Rogue Rework Proposal

Proposal to rework the Outlaw Rogue and add a new weapon type (the first since Legion). When thinking of the word “Outlaw” I don’t think Pirate or Swashbuckler, I think Cowboy (more or less) and to that end, I propose adding Pistols to the game, giving it to Outlaw Rogues and having them dual wield pistols. This would give the Rogue a medium ranged dps spec.

Combo Points rework for Outlaw

Combo points will instead act as “ammo” for using your abilities, Once all have been used, you will automatically “reload” your pistols, taking 1-2 seconds, refreshing combo points to full. At any point you may use the new ability “Reload” to start the reloading process. Auto attacks do not consume points (or ammo, whichever you want to refer to them as).

A few new Abilities (this is for bliz to figure out)

Rapid shot – Cost 2 combo points – Quickly fire a barrage of bullets at your target, Detonating any charges on target.

Charged Shot - Cost 4 combo points – 2 second cast time - Fire a huge blast at your target, always critical striking. Detonates any charges on target.

Throw Charge – Cost 1 combo point – Throw a charge at an enemy, Charge sticks to enemy, will detonate after 5 seconds doing aoe damage.

Stick and Move – Cost 1 combo point – Strike an enemy at melee range with a hidden dagger, then roll backwards, reloading pistols.

Spinning Death (Copy of Reapers ability from Overwatch) – Cost all combo points – Spin for 1 seconds per combo point spent, firing your pistol at random enemies, and throwing charges at random enemies.

Lasso – Cost 1 Combo point – Slow enemy movement speed by x%. Press again to pull enemy to the ground, stunning them for x seconds.

A few passives (this is again for bliz ro figure out)

Quick Draw – First shot in combat always critical strikes.

Critical Eye – Any time you critically strike, increase your haste by (?)% for x seconds.

One Down – After killing an enemy, decrease reload time by half and increase movement speed by x%.

Feeling Lucky – Anytime you match dice, increase auto attack speed by x%.

Feel free to share thoughts.

2 Likes

So basically what your saying is that you want Outlaws to be Hunters…

2 Likes

Play survival hunter. You get bombs.

1 Like

They should make weapons become a weapon set and just one slot, then we’re able to not be limited with those regular types. For example we can have gunblade like FFXIV for outlaw.

1 Like

Hunters are more nature magic with pets, a Ranged rogue would be more dark ranger.

In my opinion dark ranger with its death magic, melee and range damage its closer to rogue than hunter IMO.

3 Likes