Outlaw open world is it fun?

Hey all im looking at new specs and classes for an idea i have for a pirate zandalari gral worshipper. With plunderstorm i can now do that with any class.

Its currently between outlaw (obviously), fury warrior (moutain thane making him more of a storm warrior) and dk (davey jones type unholy dk)

I mained outlaw a bit during legion and loved him in dungeons. Ive been seeing outlaw is also doing good in pvp ao no worries for that.

However i remember dreading open world on him. Dying all the time and having to set up for every single mob kill. I like to turn my brain off when im doing open world questing. And having to enter stealth and activate all my buffs before i go for a single mob is annoying.

Did anything change for outlaw in open world? How is our sustain and is there a turn off build where all we have to do is maybe oen roll the bones and stealth or is it still manage a buffs in all content.

Stick with Fury warrior.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

Lol so nothing changed?

1 Like

Outlaw right now is probably the most frustrating its ever been in open world content. You are currently designed around always maintaining AR using stealth/vanish/dance on cd, and as you can imagine vanishing on CD, especially versus elites can be very frustrating. Its easy to have a micro delay in your spells and cause it to fully reset.

Don’t get me wrong we feel quite strong in solo content, we have great tankiness and a very high sustain damage pattern, its just frustrating to do solo content with right now due to the heavy usage of vanish for damage and the way vanish works with mobs.

2 Likes

Ohhh ya this was my fear i hoped it wouldve been better but from what ur saying its worse lol.

Ill stick to fury warrior and wait and see what hero talents do and if outlaw gets a rework.

1 Like

I’ll push against the crowd here. I’ve come back to rogue after a year and this is the strongest I’ve ever seen Outlaw in open world. You have massively improved uptime on all your buffs because of underhanded upperhand and you have a massive burst window every time you attack from stealth because of crackshot.

Yes you have Vanish buggy nonsense as always, but because your are constantly able to restealth after dropping combat you don’t really need to rely on it like you do in a dungeon/raid.

It’s considerably improved over where it was a year ago.

Between those three, Fury is currently the friendliest in open world I’d say. Then Outlaw, then Unholy.

1 Like

And if you’d take all other specs in account the Fury is among top, while Outlaw is among the bottom. Just because with those 3 specs it looks like it’s not too bad because it’s still second best, overall it’s horrible.

1 Like

I’ve just restarted playing my Outlaw Rogue and I’ve got to say, it feels a lot more complicated to play in combat than it used too!

Granted, he’s a third-tier Alt (which is why I’m only just playing him), still, have they changed Outlaw play-wise that much since SL?

Basically yeah, and a good chunk of it I think is due to Shadow Dance being on the class tree, and all of the Ambush related talents in the Outlaw tree that play into it. And this patch specifically, Underhanded Upper Hand has a lot of implications on the play style.

1 Like

Too long didnt read.
It is not fun. The only fun build for outdoors isnt even good.

(Delete crackshot)