Outlaw and Mail Armor and Killing Spree

So I got to thinking, if outlaw spec is leaning more towards melee combat without the benefits of stealth…

Whats the real difference between it and Survivor spec hunter? other than the hunter gets to wear Mail.

Just saying. Feels very squishy going toe to toe with ANY other melee.

Also Killing Spree. According to the tool tip im “teleporting” between targets. Feel like this should have an anti stun mechanism or some kind of untargeting mechanics involved. One jump, one hit and then I get stunned. How did they know where I was going to be? Other than the game itself allowing for sticky auto-targeting.

Im really trying here to get my groove on with Rogues, ive loved em since BC (when I started playing) but lately it feels there are way more versatile melee that perform better. ( see DH)
Maybe im just doing it wrong but I have 1 of each class at 120 and my Monk, Druid and DH all feel more “solid”, and dangerous during a BG than my rogue.
Perhaps its the spec and I need to try something else but Sub seems to have had the rug pulled out from it (though it was my go-to for years) and im just waiting on another decent dagger to try Sin again ( though it used to be my least favorite spec)

I don’t pvp, so I can’t comment on my squishyness vs other classes, but I certainly don’t feel squishy in pve. I’m alive long after guys in heavier armor are dead.

The only thing I can think of creating a problem with mail on outlaw would be the need to have a different type of armor for different specs. To my knowledge, no other class uses two types of armor like this. The hybrid classes still tank in their leather.

Also, been a long time since I touched killing spree, but doesn’t it break roots and other non-stun movement impairing effects? Edit: nevermind, I see what you mean. After it’s activated. Got it. Yeah, being knocked out of it is one of the reasons I only used it breifly. The energy from blade rush was just much better. Nice movement ability too.

I find that in Bgs, an outlaw’s role is simply “control, control, control” We are there to be a constant pain in the rear to the enemy. Let the others get the dps.

apparently not as it happens to me fairly regularly. I just wish I had a little more staying power one v one if im going to have all these nifty non-stealth tools… the crimson vial thing is not really an option, I feel it needs a bit more survivability as a whole. Maybe allow the poisons to Outlaw again, like specifically Leech and maybe others like mana poison, wound poison… leave the deadly stuff for the assassins.
And a Bleed would be nice. Doesn’t even have to be a big one.

Mail is made of paper.

Armor class in general means very little these days. And I agree, rogues are very squishy.

It is pretty hokey these days when it comes to armor.

Rogues tend to be squishy and it doesn’t help that you are about 40 ilvl below everyone else

iLvL comes with time… im just saying there are issues with Outlaw spec in damage (I feel) and survivability in PvP. Im not asking for a Kill-Anything button, but as I mentioned… even a bloody bleed/dot would be nice to have or even a jump back/roll away ability to get OUT of melee, like Monks/Hunters if we really are not supposed to be there. I mean if we are supposed to be on the fringes, acting like a ranged DPS… help me get there and stay there, if not and im supposed to be mixing it up, help me survive and if im supposed to be in and out quick like a prom date, then I need some kind of AOE stun, stagger, blowback, escape mechanism to do so. Right now the offensive tools given say melee dps but yet the defensive arsenal say, just stand there and die.

Maybe just add a buff to armor and or defensives stats if you spec Outlaw, like a whatever, 25% increase to dodge, armor, parry etc so that I can live just a bit longer, or maybe change some talents so that you can be more ranged, more melee or stay hybrid with some kind of benefit.

We already have the OP classes when it comes to damage… im just suggesting that Outlaw could be a really fun and viable PvP spec, that is dangerous, with a couple minor tweeks

I don’t really PvP either despite my elite PvP gear transmog. The sets and mounts were beautiful last season I had to lol. When ever I run keys with the guild I have been told by a guildy who heals.

“I love healing rogues, they seem to have something for everything”

Between dropping aggro, redirecting aggro, feint, evasion/riptos and cloak we have a defensive for everything