Ottuks and Fungus

I wonder why ottuks as hunter pets are restricted to eating fungus. I don’t know about future expansions. As of right now, though, there are no fungus options for them in the Dragon Isles. It would make far more sense to have them eat meat and fish.

7 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I actually used the feed pet ability…

7 Likes

Or even when it mattered.

3 Likes

If you don’t feed your pet, it will abandon you. Blizzard might bring that back.

It’s been several expansions since I’ve fed my pets.

2 Likes

“We see how much you liked classic talent trees, so now TWW is going to have ammo, soul shards and the hunter tamagotchi minigame back”

3 Likes

Considering one of their quests involves bringing an ottuk crab-meat, it is weird they don’t eat meat or, at least, fish!

2 Likes

4 Likes

They’re classified in the rodent family for hunters. And rodents only eat fungus for w/e reason.

2 Likes

people still feed their pets?

3 Likes

wait, they don’t? i thought ottuks were just WoW-otters. your saying the WoW otters AREN’T carnivores?? well that’s not realistic… aw man, that means they don’t float around in the ocean hold/opening/eating clams…

2 Likes

They’re so cute when they do that irl.

:cat: :cat2: :cat:

3 Likes

mainly cause they’re part of the rodent family in WoW

:eyes:

Just make sure they don’t turn into zombies.

1 Like

Yes, and include gnome and tauren on the menu.

I’ve seen a few people do as a RP thing.

My personal head theory is the Walrus people trained them to smell and eat fungus due to the rot hyenas.

They needed bodyguards that would be insatiable attracted to a byproduct of rot.

Or, the walrus people are slowly commit war crimes by trying to develop a Cordyceps fungus that would make zombie otters either or.

2 Likes

Meanwhile at the Hall of Neopets…

1 Like

I remember, back before BC. Always was annoying to have to feed them to make sure they were happy. Had one that would never stay happy no matter what. Just went from happy to mad. I think it was scorpion.

I like the idea of zombie otters. As Forsaken I support this.

lol I have to find a vendor so I can feed my pets, also some arrows to fill my quiver