Ottuk taming

Any1 know how to learn to tame them in DF yet? Says I haven’t learned how to tame them when I try. Thanks!

EDIT: I was entirely wrong. Not sure why you can’t tame them.

Huh, on petopia, it says they are tameable, but I haven’t been on beta to try to tame them. Hopefully, when DF launches, they will be tameable, or we’ll know what rep/renown/tome we need to tame them.

1 Like

still not tameable on live it tells me i have not learned how to tame them yet.

1 Like

I found this!
(https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1588653948898246657)

Casting Beast Lore on an Ottuk shows their food preference as “Fungus”. Anybody know of any fungus items new to Dragonflight?

1 Like
1 Like

When was the last time anyone had to feed a pet?

1 Like

Too bad they are cunning

I know that, and I haven’t used it for something like ten years, maybe longer – all the way back to when they removed pet happiness in Cata(?). I don’ t even know what some of my pet families eat.

Aight, must’ve misunderstood your question then. Sorry.

Anyway, the reason for why people would want to feed their pet these days is for the large instant heal. Granted these days, if you run with a ferocity pet for leech, it usually isn’t needed. Although I hear some people are struggling with pet health at the early stages of Dragonflight.

As Feed Pet is an out-of-combat instant heal for 50% of the pet’s total health, on just a 10 sec CD, it can be an effective way to keep your pet up inbetween pulls while leveling/questing, or if your pet happen to take damage during a dungeon run, and you want to heal it up quickly without having to use Exhilaration, after the pack of mobs is dead. This ofc requires you to have the right type of food/diet available for your chosen pet.

Luckily, thx to macros, it’s easy to make effective use of the Feed Pet ability. If you make sure that the right type of food is placed in a specific bag slot, and you then make a macro with that bag slot in mind, it’s as simple as pressing any button just once.

Example:

#showtooltip Feed Pet
/cast Feed Pet
/use 0 1

This macro will automatically cast Feed Pet, by using the item(stack of food) you’ve placed in the first slot in your backpack. You don’t have to think of the name of the food, or click+drag it to “drop” on your pet, or multiple clicks with Feed Pet, etc. Simply press the keybind you’ve assigned to the macro, and it will cast it.