Original Naxx Transmogs

Hey guys I was wondering if there was a way to get the original mogs from vanilla naxx, if so how would I go about doing that? I appreciate ya.

The tier 3 set items can/do show up on the Black Market Auction House. But none of the other loot does that I’m aware of.

However they do sell for a pretty penny on most realms.

1 Like

You can also get them from Unclaimed Black Market Auction House containers. But those are mega expensive and completely random as to what you get

I think they should move some of the old sets to the Trial of Style vendor and make them cost a few tokens or a small amount of gold.

2 Likes

Tier 3 will hit the BMAH, and most of the weapon transmogs are in Naxxramas in WotLK, however…

As far as I know, Corrupted Ashbringer and Misplaced Servo Arm are 100% gone, even from the BMAH container.

I’m gonna be honest, the Black Market Auction House is a bit of a farce. The old tier 3 rewards would be perfect for obtaining through Trial of Style. I’d even accept them to have a different name - in the same vein as the heirlooms - so that people who did get them through either BMAH or actually clearing old Naxxramas are differentiated - and having a higher token price than the other sets.

i spent 1.5 gold caps on 2 sets

so did a lot of other people

getting it any other way now is an offense to those that grinded for it and will never happen

Indeed one could argue its a ‘slap in the face’…

Look honestly I can’t bring myself to care about virtual hedge fund managers who sunk their virtual money into something. And fact is we’re both slapping and offending the people who got their Tier 3 ye olde fashioned way back in the day.

1 Like

no one cares if you do

its not changing just because poor people want things for free

I have never in my life seen a ‘username checks out’ like this one. I’m honestly impressed.

Nice mog, though, very nice.

It’s basically one of the many methods Blizzard has of draining as much gold from the economy as possible.

As a point of reference, T3 pieces start at 10K gold, and I’ve seen the resulting bidding wars hit some ridiculous amounts.

That being said, I’d love to see T3 pieces come from the Trial of Style too, but I have a feeling it’s not going to happen until Blizzard gets the gold situation under control.

Things change in this game all the time. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we could all buy t3 from a stupid new vendor next week.

Look what happened to the rank 14 sets? All obtainable with 1800 rating. What used to require a no life grind for months on end is basically free now.

Would you really be so surprised…?

“For those who grinded for it”

Like who cares? It’s a video game. How much time anyone sinks into the game to get anything is trivial to the next person, especially for those who have come after.

Gating an ancient cosmetic set, because at this point that is all it is, behind a mountain of gold is way more absurd than say tacking the set into Naxxramas loot table and just letting people run Wrath version of Naxx for it.

Or here’s an original idea? How about letting people use archaeology in plague lands to find discarded armor crates to piece some of the set together?

There’s a lot of ways people can “earn” stuff in the game. The unfounded nerd rage about someone getting something for “free” in a video game is as dumb as a billionaire being mad at a poor person for winning a lottery.

So sick of the “exclusive” bullheadedness with the content in this game.

I’m sure the people that actually worked for the gear when it was current felt the same way when you bought yours.

Congrats on “grinding” it out though lolol

2 Likes

It’s a video game. If you’re “working” you’re doing it wrong.

And there’s a lot of stuff I have I “worked” for that other people have gotten far easier than I have and you know what? I don’t care. Because it’s a bunch of pixels at the end of the day and it doesn’t change anything in the real world.

If your view point is that somebody worked for something and therefore no one else should have it, then you better get off the internet, your computer, cell phone, stop driving your car, until you really WORKED for them. You know, by building all of it yourself. If that sounds absurd to you, that is exactly how absurd it is suggesting someone can’t have some cosmetic item that affects literally NOTHING but people with weak fragile egos.

2 Likes

i do like that T3 is still somewhat rare, i worked hard for it back in the day.
and yea, classic was work.

used to bug me that it can be bought, but i’m over it.

think there would be an uproar if say, mage tower skins were able to be bought in BMAH too.

Yeah and people spent hundreds of thousands of gold on Bananas now it’s free. Never say never. :slight_smile: