Orgrimmar's Thunder Bluff Portal?

Ok, the portal room is kinda cluttered and claustrophobic, so maybe I’m just glazing over it, but where is the Thunder Bluff portal?

It’s not in the main room, it’s not in the sneaky Caverns of Time room. It’s not by the Undercity portal on the zepp tower. Did Blizz just forget?

Tauren have been buddies with Orcs for the longest time. How do they not have portals for each other?

Why is the only Horde racial city portal in the portal hub to Silvermoon? Do the devs only play Blood Elves? Selective amnesia? What is the purpose or reason for only adding one racial city? Are the devs just that sloppy? :thinking:

Also, why is TB the only city with only one mailbox?

Inquiring minds want to know :thinking:

1 Like

Where is the Ironforge portal? They are tunneling you into certain areas and letting other fantastic areas waste away

1 Like

‘‘you think you want this but you really don’t.’’
‘‘Working as intended.’’
''Doesn’t your world feel bigger now?"

TL:DR Blizzard decided TB doesn’t need a portal.

Skäl
:beer:

2 Likes

You know what interesting, is the cities being ignored are some of their best works especially the place they burned down!

4 Likes

Considering we have no idea what our customization is for Tauren? yes!!

And how our allied race counterpart was not Taunka or Yaungol?

also yes!!

And Blizzard is super anti capital cities that are not ORG or SW.

2 Likes

They removed a lot of the portals because a couple people complained that we used too many and never saw the game world.
There’s a TB port in The Great Seal, I believe.

The zeppelin industry successfully lobbied against a competing form of transportation.

8 Likes

Why would there be a portal between two cities that are less than 5 minutes from each other by air?

Darn those goblins! I knew they were behind this…

2 Likes

They want you to use the Zeppelin and/or flight path most likely. As Aroween noted, there’s also no IF portal in Stormwind so similarly they want us to use the flight path or tram.

120s can go through Boralus/Dazar’alor for IF/TB portals, but that doesn’t help lowbie alts much.

2 Likes

Ever seen how fast a good ol’ fashioned FTA raid can move?
I have hehe.
Good times, good fighting!
Skäl

Time played as opposed to actual subscriptions: that’s what it’s really about.
One day, those stockholders are going to wake up and to a very nasty surprise.

1 Like

You are expected to take the zeppelin across the barrens.

It sucks real bad.

1 Like

Time played is likely a piece of the puzzle, but I also kind of get it… if you put yourself in the shoes of a dev, it must feel crummy for the greater bulk of players to completely ignore the in-world transportation you took the time and effort to implement. Especially for newer stuff. There’s an actual working boat that circulates between Stormwind and Boralus, but how often has that been used? I would bet the number hasn’t even reached four figures.

I don’t play a game to justify some employee’s hire. I play because the game is appealing and fun. Period.
Forcing the player into certain channels of play, into certain areas, is NOT the way to make a good game; especially for one that adverts as an ‘open world’.
If a few players avoid something, its on them.
If LOTS of players avoid something, its on the dev.
Make a better game, then I’ll go there.

Skäl

Thunder Bluff portal should be in Stormwind since the Tauren prefer the alliance anyways

1 Like

Anytime they want to come over, I’m good.
not like they’ve had any fair treatment from the Horde, lately.

I am 110% ready to roll an Alliance Tauren.

1 Like