Ordos in Pandaria

Is there any reason why hes still locked behind having the cape? Went to go kill him on my rogue just to find I couldn’t get to him and learned I need the MoP cloak.

Any reason hes still locked after 2-3 expansions behind something we cant get anymore?

26 Likes

Going to have to edit the bridge and ordos into this when I have some free time now

24 Likes

jumping across the bridge like

31 Likes

They need to change this… I don’t care about the gear but I would like to go kick his butt just once (even if my being 120 it wouldn’t exactly be a fair fight).

:cookie:

9 Likes

Yeah I can agree with yeh on that one, OP… however, it IS still possible to get to him via a glider, or the crane statue event.

Unless they changed something recently, it is impossible to get to Ordos without at least one character on your account having the cloak. If you glide in, you just get tossed out.

9 Likes

Really? Oh… well perhaps I stand corrected. :confused:

Yeah, you used to be able to glide in or use one of those birds to sneak in back in MoP, but Blizzard didn’t like that and made it so you got teleported out. Pretty sure its still like that, though seeing as I have the cape I can’t test it myself.

Speaking as someone with the cape, though, there really is no reason why you should still need it now. Thankfully Ordos doesn’t have anything unique besides the achievement, at least not to my knowledge, but really that just makes the requirement even weirder. He has no pets, mounts, toys, titles, unique mogs, whatever, so… why is he still restricted?

3 Likes

To avoid all the hassles it would really be a good idea if they just opened the damned boss up instead of locking him away behind an impossible-to-get item.

8 Likes

Getting revenge is part of the game.:smile:

3 Likes

Did you not get the cloak when it was current?

1 Like

Yah that doesn’t work I even tried taking a buddy across on my bike he got zapped back across the bridge.

I imagine there are plenty of people who started playing WoW after MoP so they wouldn’t have it. As I recall they did say they were planning to make it available without the cloak then - for reasons known only to them - they renegged on that.

I have the cloak and I don’t mind at all if they decide to change it to allow access. It just seems silly to lock a zone boss behind an impassable door. I mean, what other boss in the game have they ever done that to? Either reinstate the questline or just open the damned door.

6 Likes

I wasn’t implying that it doesn’t need to change i was just curious if he had gotten it because if he did he should still be allowed to cross over.

I wouldn’t care if they let people have access to Ordos it wasn’t game winning content back then outside of being a reward for having the cloak. Since the cloak is unobtainable they should drop the restriction imo.

3 Likes

I got the cape twice… they really need to remove the requirement, or add the chain back in.

Timewalking.

Leather Kilt and a Chainmail Hat, actually.

2 Likes

I do have the cloak but it never sat well with me that they removed the questline in the first place. I tend to take breaks and I would hate missing out on content because I wasn’t there at the time with the exception of expac prelaunch events.

5 Likes

You can glide over there, you just cant go in the front door. I would kill guys outside the area for rep. The Crane statue was the best way to get there. If I glide from the edge of the bridge it was a pain, didnt always make it up the slope.

I literally just finished the rep for shaohao exalted to get the mount a few weeks ago. It still worked.

They just need to remove the requirement but I guess it’ll cost us a raid tier or something.

But I still enjoy running and jumping across and watching those without the attunement fall to their death. :japanese_ogre:

I agree that if they aren’t going to reintroduce the cloak quest line to the game, they should just unlock Ordos.

That content is so old at this point that there’s no reason for it to be restricted anymore.

3 Likes

No

It’s there because the people who played MoP for the cloak and the content (including me) is the reward

They earned it

Not Blizzard’s fault you didn’t play MoP

If they remove it then everyone wants mage tower back as the next thing

2 Likes