Orc and Tauren Priest NPCs Removed From Orgrimmar

I ment more SW Humans

I think it would be interesting to see Orc priests worship the light, Like, Proselytism. The church of the holy light has finally spread to other cultures and now some races of the horde worship the “human” version of the light.

1 Like

I am kind of hoping for something along the lines of a Orc and maybe even Mag’har priest being about balancing light and shadow, with implications that most Orc priest are shadow and discipline priests.

I feel like healing your allies by hitting your enemies is very appealing to an Orc.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it make vastly more sense from them to learn from their allies?

If they, for whatever reason, insist on having Orc Priests be of the traditional Holy Light/Forgotten Shadow variety then they should learn it from the Forsaken and/or the Sin’Dorei.

Likewise it seems like it’d make a lot more sense for human Shamans to come from Wildhammer or Draenei teachings.

I know things have chilled out a bit between the factions but I can’t picture the Cathedral of Holy Light and the Valley of Spirits taking on Orcish and Human hopefuls anytime soon.

14 Likes

You make it sound like it would be an impossibility. Need I remind you draenei shaman use farseer titles(a decidely orcish title). I’d also point out one of our shamans learned orcish culture/belief from an orc. And ultimately she ends up a shaman because of it:

Depending on how far Blizzard plans on making things cross faction it would probably be an interesting thing to see. That at least the orcs priests learned from the decidedly neutral Argent Crusade about the holy light while humans in turn learn their shamanism from the Earthen Ring.

I guess but there’s already a staggering lack of cultural commingling amongst the allied nations. We get touches of it here and there. Orc Mages are the result of Forsaken Wizards taking them on as apprentices. We see the once unbelievably posh Sin’Dorei have been made more rough and tumble over the years, willing to quite literally get their hands dirty, a detail their Shaldorei cousins find so uncivilized.

But beyond that there isn’t much. Like just with the Forsaken alone I’d be curious if any have taken to Loa worship. Shadra, Hi’Reek and Jani in particular seem almost ready made for them. Have any Tauren seen the virtues of Goblin economic ingenuity and eschewed their veneration of nature for fat stacks, fancy suits and the oil drilling to pay for it? Vice versa for the Goblins.

Jumping over all that potential just so Orcs and Humans can sing kumbai around a fire or whatever seems just terribly wasteful.

10 Likes

It felt like a nonissue overall, and could’ve led to some interesting spiritual schisms among the orcs (for obvious reasons), but the removal will be for the better if it results in fleshing out more uniquely orc and tauren perspectives on the Light. People are right to be wary about homogenization and it’s good that Blizzard is trying to be more attentive.

4 Likes

Well i would like to discuss this however im not sure you remember the last thing you said to me but I do.

7 Likes

Well for me it was pretty unhinged and I don’t think I would like to discuss with you further

2 Likes

We can already see that they’re updating those NPCs in the files, here is one example of one of the orc priests, first and after. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631252080195010570/1063302801893101688/image.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631252080195010570/1063302802274779177/image.png

HMT https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631252080195010570/1063298854411309106/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631252080195010570/1063299145084964894/image.png
And it’s the same for the rest of the priest NPCs as well.

It’s because of the troll racial spells from vanilla was a hex and a shadowy protection spell, which fits well with either troll witch doctors or hexxers. Who both use hexes and said to use shadowy magic.

11 Likes

I think this issue is pretty important to the challenge of adding more class/race combos. There are some combos that are going to require a lot of work and some attentive writers that ensure that the cultures and people of Azeroth are in a good place.

7 Likes

conquest is religion
ancestors didnt help us kill draeneis and take over azeroth. disregard ancestors, acquire warchief

Thank Elune. For a moment I thought that even the Horde wasn’t safe from Human Potential™.

11 Likes

They kinda just look like shaman.

1 Like

You accidentally made a good point. A lot of these questions could be answered if Blizzard gave priests more domains to derive their power from. In The Forgotten Realms setting, for example, clerics don’t just worship deities associated with the Light or Shadow domain. There’s also the war domain, with war deities and war clerics. Like the clerics of Gruumsh, the patron deity of orcs.

4 Likes

On human potential front, they are safe.

But druids of either faction are not safe from night elf potential, sadly.

3 Likes

At least the Zandalari Druids have a lot of their own thing going on. Sure, in the grand scheme of things, they get swept up in the Night Elf Druid stuff. But they also have their relationship with the Loa, and wholly different forms. Even different titles as far as their NPCs.

I have a Zandalari Druid. I would love to switch the Archdruid title for Wardruid.

4 Likes

I agree, but at least try are working on it. Perhaps they will come up with something entirely new.

Forsaken assassins of Shadra? What an awesome idea! Really makes me sad that Blizzard never thought about that. Doesn’t even require a lot of retconning. In turn, Trolls could become shadow ascendants and lightslayers.

7 Likes