Options to the Void Elf "Entropic Embrace" racial effects

Ok here is the real fact:

Blood Elves, High Elves, and Void Elves, they’re all the same race.

Blizzard is doing the new customisations so we all can play a race as a whole, instead of being just a Blood Elf from Sunstrider Isle, or a Bronzebeard Dwarf from Coldridge Valley for examples.

Now, it is pretty clear that Blizzard is giving the Void Elves the High/Blood Elf customisations, as to compromise in giving us the Alliance High Elves that the Alliance have requesting, which means with the Void Elves, we can roll as 2 things: A Void Elf or a High Elf. Only thing is that we’ll still be a Void Elf only within the name, as to the same with Blood Elves, they’ll still be Blood Elves only within the name.

(Query): So you’re saying, because there would suddenly be 100x High Elf RP’ers compared to Void Elves, that you’d be forced to be a High Elf too? That you’d lose the ability to turn purple with Entropic Embrace? That your hair styles and colors would be removed? That you could no longer select blue and purple skin tones? That the name of your race on the tooltip would change forever from, ‘Void Elf,’ to, ‘High Elf,’ and that all Void Elf NPCs in the game would retro-actively be changed to High Elves, complete with a new unlock questline, heritage armor (along with the removal of the old), new base, new tabard, and new mount?

5 Likes

Except, they havent made anything clear. They just added skin options. Which they called Blood Elf, not High Elf. The eye colours they added are once again, not High Elf.
We are getting Blood Elf skins. That’s it.

1 Like

The day they officially confirm they are adding the High Elves to the Void elves by lore or whatever, is that I race change to Gnome.

But until then. They have just given us blood elf skins.

1 Like

Oh right. I forgot. People say that Blood Elves are High Elves, and here, you’re saying Blood Elves are not High Elves.

Ugh, seriously! Stop with this pettiness and this bias. Blizzard has made it clear they’re listening to feedback and suggestions. Still got a while before Shadowlands is going to be released. Adding options is not removing anything, nor forcing people to go with that.

5 Likes

Are they listening though? Cause if they did, you’d get these eyes. But you’re not.

Lets face it. They will never give High Elves. Otherwise they would have done so. The skintones were an attempt to shush.

1 Like

I get it. Your spiteful. You don’t like others to have enjoyment because you think it will ruin your enjoyment.

4 Likes

From my side, you seem greedy, being given the skins but still wanting more.

And no, I’m not stopping because you won or something, I need to get ready for work.

2 Likes

(Commentary): They’re updating all eyes as part of this new customization. I don’t think we’ll see High Elves with those eyes anymore. They’re no longer in the database.

2 Likes

Its too bad. They’re very pretty. Not as pretty as kul tiran eyes, but still very pretty.

1 Like

Alleria being one of my favorite characters in the game I actually quite like the racial effect.

2 Likes

It shouldve been HEs we got in the first place. Your arguing like as if void elves were cannon before HEs.

I still think they should be making separate slots, and not half bake this one since HEs were in wow 2 to 4 years before they implemented BEs. It’s high time they follow their own cannon.

5 Likes

I wonder if they’re actually going to be pushing for the High Elves lore a little further within the Alliance.

I’m down, but I want more velf and Alleria centric stuff too. She is the last remaining interesting Windrunner.

Yes, and contrary to what some think, racial identity matters.

5 Likes

(Commentary): Indeed, racial identity matters. A Void Elf is a Void Elf, and a High Elf is a High Elf. A High Elf wouldn’t turn purple with the void every 30 seconds or so, and its important that’s reflected properly. A Void Elf, however, would turn purple with the void every 30 seconds.

(Query): So what’s the problem with a toggle to let people be what they want?

(Speculative): Unless you’re saying you don’t want people to be able to play as a High Elf with these new customizations.

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone is really saying that (okay some troll types, but heck with them), but I do think there isn’t anything wrong with a bit of worry that if these options prove popular and blizzard continues to add them, then it might lead (down the line) to just void elves kind of getting left behind.

I don’t think it will be an issue. Not really. But I can see how people might come to the conclusion and I think that their concerns are valid enough to be heard out and not just written off as “you don’t want us to have fun”. Cause I don’t think that’s true. Shadow’s cool peeps.

2 Likes

I think it is exactly what they’re saying.

“You gotta play what I want you to play, not what you want to play”.

2 Likes

I think that really does disregard any nuance or genuine concern someone might have just because they don’t agree with you, and I don’t think that’s fair at all.

I’m not saying you should stop asking for things or defending your position. Just maybe keep it a bit more even handed then just writing everyone off as like having a grudge against your play style.

1 Like

It isn’t the fact that they’re disagreeing with me, it is the fact that no matter how many times “options” come up, they think they’re forced to use the option, therefore, enjoyment can’t be given to those who want play the way they want, because a few people don’t like them to have that enjoyment.

Then they come with all these post, and go with more of disagreement, and make it sound like it is going to ruin there enjoyment, or take things away, which I’m not trying to do. That is why I am now starting to call them spiteful, because they don’t look at what I am saying, they only look at it as, “oh no, we’re going to be forced to do this.”

But why do I care anymore, if people are going to be spiteful and think having options is going to be a bad idea, then I might of well unsub and go play Gw2. Atleast the community is better in Gw2.

1 Like