Optional weapon animations

Just wondering if I’m the only wondering if the will bring back weapon animations. I’m not saying like warriors and other classes but when they first were released you could swing your weapons when you used Jab. Otherwise I think it would be great to have unique staff/polearm animations IMO since a lot of monks in movies and such use quarter staffs and such. Just curious if anyone is thinking like me

5 Likes

Seems like a wasted opportunity to not make unique weapon animations, especially for staves and polearms. Then again, all monk animations need an overhaul.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why we hold 1hers on our back but we don’t use or hold them in our hands during combat. I’d like to see better weapon animations overall. FF14 could teach Blizz a thing or 10 about weapon animations. Blizz is extremely lazy with the design.

I would love to have staff animations in the very least so I could fight like Chen in the MoP trailer. The closest you can get to that is the pandaren 2h animations, but they’re not used on monks.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the day monks get nun-chucks.

1 Like

With the new flail animations we are one animation dev away from extending that spiked mace ball into another handle and then we instantly have nunchucks.

We can already wield one handed maces so this is a weekends worth of animation tweaking and it could happen.

2 Likes