Option to Turn off Male Blood Elf Smile

Blood elves are so pissed all they can do is smile now.

The pic on WoWhead is pretty bad, not only because of the too-similar faces but also because uh, did they take the screenshot on a rig running a 16:7 resolution on a 16:9 monitor? Big oof.

https://imgur.com/8CtaBpP

Same face on void elf and blood elf. Note the void elf’s considerably more dour expression. That is how this face used to look before what I assume is a bug causing all the belf male faces to use the same idle pose.

4 Likes

And I want the option to turn sail ON on my female Gnome Warlock. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah, they really should have left one gnome face with the Stepford Smile on it.

And one of them still has her eye shadow on sideways.

but hes so much prettier whenever he smiles!

2 Likes

See, the facial expression that your beautiful night elf has is what my blood elf paladin had: serene and determined.

Now he’s all :slight_smile: while murdering people. It’s unsettling and upsetting.

I hope the devs see this issue and fix it quickly! It is an RPG, afterall and the way my character looks is important.

Imagine… every single depressing cinematic that uses my player character:

Sylvanas: We’re going to slay you!
My paladin: :slight_smile:

or

The Jailer: I have just committed mass murder on the people of the Shadowlands!
My character: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

VElves are not impacted by this.

On a side note, If anyone in denial wants to see what the Blood Elf faces are actually supposed to look like (what they did look like), run through the right-most face options for the Void Elf in the character customization menu.

1 Like

They picked a really bad face for that. Other folks in the comments have shown even the “grumpy” face has this weird smirk now

2 Likes

The comparison image they shared was really bad.

There were 2 non-smiley faces that are now ruined.

If you take a male blood elf to the barber shop you’ll find that they all have the same bones now. The shape no longer changes.

3 Likes

What what?! Why did they do this?? What was wrong with the faces before?

Anyone but our male Belfs :sob: :sob:

1 Like

I think the new face proportions actually look pretty good, less pointy troll looking chin. But they shouldn’t be turning frowning faces into smiling ones. That sounds like a bug/oversight.

Yeah, it’s weird. All faces are exactly the same now except for the cheek shadows. I don’t understand what they are going for and why.

They told us no more character customizations and then effed up Belf faces.

Like… why… :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I feel like this is a punishment after I was so vocal about no customizations when that was announced lol.

1 Like

And an option to turn their entire face off.

Just make it blank.

1 Like

I have no idea why you’re complaining. You have just written about a character so amazing that I wish he was canon.