Option to opt out of prepatch event

same… i was evil enough to dare to agree with someone who was enjoying the event.

it started raining flags.

that sort of thing really yanks my chain… i don’t understand why people just want to create pointless busy-work for mods, when there’s posts which actually violate the CoC and need attention.

1 Like

Me this morning when I realized I didn’t lose my gif posting privilege (trying not to wake up others lol):

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7aD5KktgCfrZ5gnC/source.gif

2 Likes

Its the same reason mentioning that the rares are fine and it would be a nerf if they were up 24/7 causes peoples panties to be in a twist. Right now you can loot how many times a day? If they were always up you’d get one chance a day.

nobody was killing the rares on the cluster i was in before… they were just dotted on the map.
people are already over it

Nah. There’s a recent long thread where someone is crying the bag rare isn’t 100% drop rate. People also whine about the keepsake.

It’s one week. One. Week. There isn’t even much to do until Monday.

It’s bad game design when you have a portion of the playerbase wanting to avoid something in the game. You should be able to turn pvp off, it’s that simple. I had someone blow up my level 19 character (so no flying yet) as I was doing some things in SW standing by a vendor.

I got a whisper immediately saying: “I got you.” Which I replied: “Yeah cool bro, did you want a medal?” This then turned nasty and I ended up blocking them. They were like (just like parts of this forum): “It’s an event get over it.”

I said: “But you CHOSE to attack me.” implying they didn’t have to attack me and they’re after a cheap kill. With no successful rebuttal, all I got was: “You’re a douche and you deserved it.”

Yeah… so great experience Blizzard. If it wasn’t for the portal room, I’d relocate my toons to another city.

People shouldn’t ‘have to get over it’. There should be options to appease both sides.

4 Likes

there’s always a portion of the playerbase who want to avoid something.

ALWAYS.

There’s already an option to opt out.

It’s called “not logging in”, or playing classic for four days.

JFC…just deal with it.

I’m not sure you get it. Dodging the issues solves nothing and just encourages more stupid choices by blizzard. If whenever something stupid happens we all rolled over and played dead this game would have died yrs ago.

2 Likes

You know what would be cool? An option to opt out of Covenants. Can I get that? Or maybe I Can opt out of the gold nerf. Can you get me an opt out for pathfinder?

Thanks.

Stop.

I, for one, will be really happy when it is gone. I have tried not to get involved but sometimes I slip up and get nailed by a half dozen zombies.

I am kinda careful now not to go to anyplace near that has them. Currently questing my level 40 Dark Iron Dwarf Warrior in Pandaria and so far so good.

1 Like

So many people crying about this still? It is NO WHERE NEAR the way the original prepatch was going to be. It’s really not that big of a deal and it completely makes sense from a lore stand point. Think about it, Zombies take over the Earth and you standing off to the side like “You can’t hurt me, I opted out!”

Yeah, just don’t do it.

Riiiiight so I guess the solution for this dude is…just don’t log in?

I can get on board with that.

1 Like

Yeah sure. Purposely stop levelling any more alts and not getting yourself ready for SL is a good option.

Warmode is a toggle, PvP was and is a toggle. So why not this?

1 Like

It’s world of WARcraft

Get over it .

2 Likes

Also World of WarCRAFT.

2 Likes

Do any of those prevent you from playing the game completely? No? False equivalency. Hush, tyrande.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the fool who wants void elf paladins?

Laff.