*opinions and facts are fine* Choosing Worgen monk or?

For context, after years of waiting, i got my friend to play… turns out he really enjoyed it, and is making lots of characters. I’ve been switching sides, and making new characters where i have to.

He plays tank, i play healer. We finally got one of his characters story wise to start dragonflight. I need to pick someone to play through, but also hopefully stay myth I cs, and go as high as we can.

He has decided Alliance Worgen dk. I need to choose an alliance main so that i can focus on gear, and challenging run skills.

As the healer, i have whatever choice i want, but I’m having an identity crisis on the choice. I’m " FOR THE HORDE!"… but he’s chosen alliance. So i picked Worgen monk…i didn’t know about the issue until i saw them.

So… lol… where’s a good place to see monk armor on all the races? I like the mechagnome racials, but the looks aren’t the best with what I’ve seen.

My choices are narrowed down to 4, and here’s the main reasons, although I’m listening to any thoughts. I’ve played, and liked them all.

Paladin: i like the lore, and i have the least amount of plate for transmog. I don’t like that paladins are everywhere (even though holy is the least played of the bunch), I’ve played this healer the last, except maybe disc protest since they added atonement.

Monk: i like the play style, i like that my “oh sh1t” heals are multiple people, like that any race can be a monk. Don’t like the Worgen clipping issue… like a lot. Outfits are important to me.

Evoker: like that its one of my favorites mechanics wise. I can do dps at range. Love the dragon, love the lore, but the armor restrictions are a serious issue, and they can’t be a tank if we want to switch roles for a bit.

Thoughts? I’m starting with this forum first, because the different views and opinions, plus you know the Worgen issues. (Which i still consider an option.)

Only restriction is i don’t want to be a human. The less armor issues, weapon issues, and transmog issues the better. I do like crafting, and i want to do that with something that creates things i can use.

So any thoughts are welcome, hopefully before i decide.

The majority of Monk sets look like trash on the majority of races. If you care about monk specific sets your best bet is Pandaren. Monks can use most leather sets though so if you like Druid or Rogue sets lots of those are an option.

Casting animations are a bigger issue if you want to be a healer. You have to see those a lot and if the race has an animation you don’t like it is hard to play them.

Op and broken asf.

PVP op nobody wants to mess with you

PVE it’s good

1 Like

Pandaren are the original and true Monks.

Vulpera are adorable.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

1 Like

Vulpera and human are the only option

Most of the monk sets are garbage imo. The pandaria pvp set is my favorite. It looks good on almost everything. I really wish they would update the monk starter set to a higher resolution. I love the simplicity of the Gi but the resolution hasn’t been touched since MoP.

I’m partial to the human, Kul’tiran and dwarfs for monk races.

Ok ok look here buddy, us worgen have our place too ok. Just use wraping and a straw hat. forget the weapons i use my huge werewolf claws. I dont see any of puts on spectacles on trys to read post huumans and vul… vull… takes off glasses fox people do that ok.

I just wish every monk tier set didn’t look like complete garbage…

1 Like

I have to be honest, a good amount of the monk sets actually look pretty decent on Orcs. But if it comes to racials and stuff, it doesn’t matter too much…you have your basic things for professions, some do stand out though; for example trolls berserk, orcs damage bonus, Blood elfs AoE dispel, Humans free trinket, dwarfs personal purge, ETC.

For alliance, i would have to go Dwarf. i am semi competitive so that free purge and damage bonus is great as a support or tank class.

Kul’tiran has the best racials for tanks in the game, imo. They also fit the brewmaster theme really well, drunken brawler.