**Opinion Thread** The new Goblin face models are trash and exactly the same DLAKSJFALSDKFJASDLFK

This is only my opinion. I started playing WoW post Vanilla but pre-BC.
The new Goblin face renderings are utter trash. The previous ones were exponentially better in every way.

First, the new face renderings all look exactly the same! The only differences they have are a change of eye color and different line textures. The previous faces had structural differences. The eyes had a drastically different shape and the facial expressions were much more diverse.

The older head models actually looked like Horde characters. Not only do the new models all look exactly the same, but they also look like the just stepped out of cosmetic school. Why is my new character now applying makeup? Totally cool, if that’s what you’re into. However it is not my initial thought when thinking about goblins.

The new faces look like human characters. It’s terrible. I bought Battle for Azeroth and was planning on boosting my goblin shaman, however after seeing the change in my characters I immediately became disgusted and requested a refund from Blizzard. Blizzard accepted. Thank you.

Overall I am truly not a hater and I look at this objectively with an artistic and gaming background. I consider several of the new race face models to be quite good. I briefly checked out the trolls and they looked very good. i also liked some of the changes to the gnome faces. Unfortunately I didn’t view each of the new models as my nerd rage consumed me.

Overall I think it’s a completely irresponsible to force players to change characters they have already invested time into. Why not keep the old character models and add the new ones as well? That would take little to no effort vs the current changes and the game would have more options and be better overall. Just another string of bad decisions made by Blizzard. Such as removing world pvp from Diablo 3. Removing a game metric many people enjoy that makes the game more diverse overall and makes the game-play controlled less by Blizzard themselves and more so by the individual player.

/endrant
Thanks for reading and here I vow to never play World of Warcraft again. A game that one shined like a dazzling ray of sunshine in my mind is now a scorching, putrid piece of utter trash. Thank you.

17 Likes

Well… I’m cute.

12 Likes

Who cares? Who even plays goblins?

3 Likes

Time to play a none joke race.

People who don’t like playing Barbie dolls.

22 Likes

New goblins look awful. Worgen got a nice improvement, but old goblins were adorable and everyone I knew who played one loved them. I have no idea why they felt the need to change them in this way.

Also, glad this thread is already off to a roaring start with people who think goblins and gnomes are bad :zzz:

7 Likes

I prefer playing Barbie doll with my Goblin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Yes cause everyone and thier moms are playing the Blood Elfs.

2 Likes

I like my new female models. My buddy rolled a new Goblin dude last night and loves it. They look a lot better in motion than still, frontal screen shots imo.

2 Likes

Sorry, I was referring to the male face models. The female models could possibly be better but I’ve only seen 1 or 2 of the new ones. The point still stands though, why not leave the old models and add new models?

6 Likes

Have to agree here. Male goblins update was pretty awful.

Bummer. :\

10 Likes

Yeah the old goblin models in Cata had that grunge look, now they ironed out their wrinkles they look qute

4 Likes

Yeah I prefer the old models more. I also hate the new NE models too. They ruined their unique looks and now all look derpy. Also they removed my freckles!

With goblins I actually like the original models for the males, but I think the cata females were a step up for them. Now they look awful and their face shapes are almost identical with minor adjustments. Just that lovely disney that everyone loves in action!

3 Likes

Could you not? I thought we threw you lot to the void elves.

2 Likes

You know if you look at every other model update so far they weren’t final by a long mile on release.

Consider it a first iteration. I recall many models started with the ‘same face syndrome’ and more variation was added after. Things like different brow shapes, cheekbone structure, etc…

Look at humans for instance.

Make-up, where?

They actually don’t look like humans do they? I mean look at the ears, the nose, the mouth, the green skin. In what world do they look like humans?

The ‘anthropomorphic’ look applies to all races in this game, you know because they all have human expressions and such. It’s either that or you’re character has a wooden face. I know which I prefer.

1 Like

OP, while reading your post, I glanced over at your portrait and all I could see was…Ben Stiller. Idk if that is an insult to you, or to Stiller himself. It isn’t meant to be, but I now cannot get the image out of my head.

As to the “new” goblin looks - I think the males got the short end of the stick. The few females I have seen since the patch are now a bit on the cute side. I’m glad they got the rework they deserved, but I think Blizz could have done a lot better.

3 Likes

Holy cow you’re right!

New male goblins are green, confident, happy Ben Stillers!

I cannot unsee it

4 Likes

I know, right?! lol

People who don’t want to play as a race that are as interesting as a bowl of porridge

:frowning: Well…