No.

/10char

9 Likes

Wishful thinking! +1 for the druid love too

3 Likes

My opinion is:

No

6 Likes
  • Blizzard obviously is open to making some changes as they already have.
  • If during a Beta test isn’t a good time to talk about changes, I’m not sure when is.
  • I stated in the title and the text, this was just my opinion. If you want to be all negative, w/e

How about this one?

13 Likes

No changes. They explicitly said they want to keep classic authentic because that’s what the community voted on. It’s essentially a museum of one of the most iconic games in history.

7 Likes

I just think of posts like this as the devs saying “Classic had problems and we are going to keep those problems to keep it the same”. Just saying that I think some problems should be fixed to make the experience better and not just authenticate to a flawed history /opinion

Blizzard also said that they will not be doing class balance.

The time to talk about Classic+ is after phase 6 has been out for a little bit. Right now people are going to get defensive about any and all changes because we’ve been wanting Vanilla WoW back for over a decade and people are arguing to change the thing before it’s even out.

Give us a chance to enjoy the game we’ve been fighting to get back first, then maybe some of us would be more receptive to the idea of Classic+ servers.

Right now the only changes are to support systems they feel they absolutely need. Layering to deal with population, right click report/loot trading because of reduced GM staff, etc.

They’re making the gameplay as close as they can possibly make it.

3 Likes

That is your opinion mate, For me it means ruined.

10 Likes

None of this is why Paladins are not good raid tanks. Only a few raid bosses are tauntable, most are immune.

They don’t work because they have a mana bar, and no set or offeset tanking gear available from raids. Mana means they are useless once it is gone, not having access to tank gear means they are useless once the bosses start trying to kill your tank every 2.5 seconds.

Bears have the highest armor, the highest dodge and now you want parry too? What stat would this come from? Parry has downsides, have you considered that?

Warriors are and were the defacto tanking class in pretty much any MMO up to and including WoW Vanilla.

Ferals can offtank quite well, and on specific encounters are equal to Warriors.

Remember that raid tank spots were never an issue in WoW with the exception of one encounter in the entire history of the game. It is 5 man tanking spots that have always been hard for groups to find and why basically every new class added to the game has been a tank class.

You are asking for a lot of changes. Have you considered how much the game would have to change to accommodate even some of the things you want?

That is why many of us are #teamnochanges

6 Likes

This basically sums up to be: “I want Classic to be retail”

8 Likes

Absolutely not. Just play Retail.

4 Likes

No dungeon finder, even if its restricted to same server. Im sick of Blizzard removing all incentive for people to actually communicate with each other. Its not supposed to be a single player game where the only thing you have to interact with is interface screens.

As for class balance, id like all classes to be viable too. But that is not what classic is supposed to be. Changes to things such as this would be fair to be discussed in the future while Blizzard and the community are discussing what to do after classic’s release plan has fully run its course, but not before then. And even then, it should be a classic community decision, not a Blizzard decision, and not a retail player decision.

3 Likes

Hey you want all these QOL changes? play retail wow… go play 8.2 :grinning:

2 Likes

Can’t paladins use throwing knives and axes like Warriors do?

Of course it had flaws. Nothing is perfect. But I think that’s part of the point of Classic. It’s Vanilla WoW; warts and all. Now, after a time, depending upon what Blizzard decide to do with it, we may see some changes. It is my sincere hope that there is a pristine Classic server always though, so people can experience what WoW was.

You are MONTHS too late to be requesting changes to Classic. MONTHS.

1 Like

No. Their only ranged slot item they can use are librams, which are pretty potent. They had to use an item that let them throw at range to pull.

Love these posts that start out by calling people ignorant if they disagree with you, then proceed to beat a dead horse with a book long narrative. lol

Sounds like private servers are for you!! #no changes.

1 Like