Operation: Mechagon quest

So… I get that you need to do The Mechagonian Threat on an Alliance character to unlock mechagnomes. However, could you possibly change it so if you have earned exalted on a different character that the quest is available to other characters? I farmed exalted on my horde toon, but I can’t pick up this quest to finish the achievement until I am revered.

3 Likes

Finish the dungeon quest on you Horde alt, do the unlock quest on your Alliance alt?

Are you sure the quest is required on an alliance character? If it works the same as the legion allied races, you can complete the questline on either faction, just need a max level on the faction the allied race is on to do the unlock questline.

3 Likes

No, it was stated that you need to do The Mechagonian Threat on an Alliance character, but in order to finish this achievement, you need to do Operation: Mechagon - The Mechoriginator. In order to pick this quest up, the character needs to be revered, thus making it so I need to farm the rep on two characters instead of just one.

2 Likes

I can’t see it happening. You are always free to try but at this point you are forced to do it on Alliance if you want Mechagnomes. Blizz is hard to sway on things like this. I think.

Interesting. Well, I guess good luck. Maybe they decided to do that since you had to play a horde character to do the vulpera prerequisites and thought it would make it more even.

If I’m understanding the response correctly, you might need Exalted too. Nethaera wasn’t that specific about it.

No I checked that on the PTR. My Exalted on this toon was enough, but I dont have that quest done on my alliance main. I understand needing to grind the rep for the rest of the rewards, but the reqs for the quest should be lowered if one toon already got to Exalted or finished the achieve.

1 Like

seriously? f*ck…I’ll never unlock this

1 Like

Has this been known for a while and I just missed it or did someone just neglect to mention it until now?

they never told it before

Aww, that sucks. Looks like I won’t be getting my mechagnome on patch day after all. Did the rep on a Hordie a looong time ago :frowning_face:

1 Like

It wasn’t mentioned, but many assumed that doing both on a Horde toon would work since it did for other AR’s in the past. However, with the blue response, that finally confirmed that wasn’t the case…today. A few days before they unlock…making it so many either need to farm paragon to get the token unlock and then farm crates, or literally farm the rep on the Alliance toon too.

1 Like

Welp, I was looking for something to do between now and patch day.

Yep. I mean I know it is a slim chance of a possible hotfix, but the chance would be zero if no one asked.

Eh, I probably wasn’t going to level it until 9.0 anyway, but it still would have been nice to know they’d be different than the previous AR.

1 Like

I just wish/hope the Mythic gate aspect could be removed, if that is not already in the works.

1 Like

It will be broken up into Heroic wings in 8.3 and able to be queued into with LFD.

1 Like

Unless I’m very much mistaken, there will be a Heroic Version.

[filthy casual jumps up and down celebrating] :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
(looking forward to it)

2 Likes