Open your spellbook to see your new ability

ok this is legitimately annoying. I am levelling up a mage on Exile’s Reach. At the start of the levelling process Frostbolt is on my bars, however during the quest “Enhanced Combat Tactics” you’re required to put Frostbolt on your bar again. WHY?? and now the “you have a new ability” thing is not going away. this wasn’t an issue on the PTR a few weeks ago but it is now.

2 Likes

Can confirm mine is stuck with the same deal once iv reached stormwind

1 Like

Same happening here, I’ll report if anything changes. Reloadui didn’t work, turning off addons hasn’t worked.

Edit: If you’re done with things, you can go to ESC menu > Interface > Display > check off Tutorials

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue with my warlock Ghazrul-thrall. Even after leaving the new starter island, the “open your spellbook” pop-up is stuck despite having everything on my bars and hovered over everything several times to see if it would go away…

Turn off Tutorials in settings and it goes away.

Hey I was having this problem and I just clicked the spell book a bunch of times and it went away idk if will come back or not yet but it hasn’t yet so may be worth a shot

1 Like

that did the trick however if you’re a new player you kinda don’t wanna do that and also probably won’t know how

You’ll live… It’s ~3 seconds of your time. You can always disable tutorials in the settings.

But the new player needs them and won’t have a custom UI that gets in the way.

Had this too. I have to place it again on my bar and having the same skill in two different slots.

For a new player, that’s not good at all.

I was having issues with this, too. I placed spells where I would normally place them on alts of the same class, and it kept popping up again in later in Stormwind to tell me to add the spell to my spell bar in the slot they wanted me to add it in even though I have it on my bar somewhere else. I did disable the tutorials after this happened several times over. While it is useful in theory, it has some issues to be worked out.

Yes. that did it. Thank you!!!

in my village, bludhaven will always be hailed as a hero

I tried that so many times on my shammy and it didnt work. I had to turn off tutorials to make it all stop. It was still going after I finished and got to Stormwind.