Open world elites immune to growl

Why is this a thing? This has literally never been a thing in the history of WoW, but now it is, so marksman just can’t solo world elites like they could before SL? I’m forced to go BM and not use cobra shot or barbed shot? This is just bad design. Why were these mobs made taunt immune? Once misdirection is down im screwed. What was the thought process behind this? How do marksmanship hunters solo things?

They’re not immune to growl, it’s just your damage profile far exceeds your pet’s so you’ll rip aggro instantly. Always use misdirect on your pet before engaging… Throw in some mend pets and you won’t have much problem.

I don’t think they made them taunt immune. I think pet growl is bugged at the moment. I play BM and some of my pets will growl and it does nothing, but others work fine. I used Faultline(Clefthoof) for Torghast and growl wasn’t doing anything. Switched to another pet and it was fine, but the pet didn’t have the tankiness of the clefthoof.

It’s honestly been happening randomly for the last week or so. Newly tamed pets have no problem with growl, but most of stabled pets either don’t have working growl or it bugs out randomly.

Bepples get in here and figure this out

2 Likes

Ok ty glad it’s just a bug hope it’s fixed soon, they’re definitely immune because my pet isn’t even casting growl when it’s set to autocast for example the elite centaur name starts with a G that patrols at heartwood grove and the big bonestorm guy in maldraxxus where u kill the 4 named caster mobs, my pet won’t automatically cast growl and if I click growl manually it says “immune”

Edit; another one that’s actually a quest objective “Blighted Brute” in glitterfall heights

I always do open world stuff as BM so I wouldn’t know but I could check at some point.

Seems to work for me.

I have to reset Consumption over and over before the mouth breathers kill the lesser version. Growl and follow does the trick every time.

2 Likes

Same. Ill help rest Consumption Junction (What’s your function?) when people are being Dillholes.

Another thing to remember is that some mobs are immune to taunt and simply attack the first person on the aggro list. They’re few and far between, but they exist. I handle these by misdirecting to my pet or just making sure pet hits them first.

1 Like