Open Question: An Alternative to Queues?

I’d just like to give a shout out to all my crew in Dumpster Fire. If it wasnt for yall I wouldnt be here at #6 today. Swiss, Flat, PK. ILY BB. DF 4 Lyf

85 Likes

If you add layering again, please consider what its going to do to the lotus/crystal market. It was HEAVILY exploited when layer was originally active.

34 Likes

Yes.

I won’t wait in a queue.

60 Likes

Hell yes. These Queues are killing me!

43 Likes

Dont layer us please will destroy the game

92 Likes

Under no circumstances should you re-enable that cursed thing. We’re still recovering from the damage.

102 Likes

Personally, no, I never want to see layering again. It was abused. It was disruptive to require grouping just to be with friends on the same realm. I nearly didn’t play the first few months just because of that, but family/friends convinced me to ‘grin and bear it’.

That said, I’m not on a stupidly full realm, and I’m an altoholic who plays across 5 realms, at least two on the Low population end of things. If it’s never going to touch the realms I play on, and the players on those SPECIFIC realms are okay with it, it won’t impact me much.

58 Likes

Yes please!!!

My guild on Whitemane has been raiding since release (split runs with other guilds until we had enough 60s of our own) and the last two raids have had attendance issues due to 3-4 hour queues on raid day.

We raid at 5:30pm server, which is earlier than most. Requiring raiders to log in between 1:30-2:30pm just to make a raid 3-4 hours later is just logistically a nightmare.

You made these mega servers, so please at least enable layering so we can actually play on them.

42 Likes

How about invest money on servers! Instead of strong arming a yes

60 Likes

It would cause a definite recession on BL prices, but it would help people stock up for AQ40 and Naxx and of course actually play the game.

14 Likes

yes please. the queue boss is killing raiding. trying to get people logged in for raid time is damn near impossible the last 2 weeks.

37 Likes

Yes, please god yes.

26 Likes

We’ve had DME for thorium for a while now, no need to layer abuse for that.

6 Likes

Yes yes yes, please put layers back. For any realm with a large population, even those without queues. Having 10,000+ players competing for the same few Black Lotus spawns is awful, prices of 200g+ per is a bit nuts.

26 Likes

Please do not bring back layering, doubling the amount of resources available is so awful (unironically - there are people who would love to have double the amount of lotus available).

If you do bring back layering you would have to double the respawn time on lotus and RTVs.

25 Likes

another blizzard cop out. how about just getting better servers?

37 Likes

My main complaint with layering is that fractured the world and the player base. One the reasons I like Classic over Retail is the server community.

That being said, I think the current queues are fracturing the player base more than layering ever did.

I think we should bring layers back as a temporary solution and remove them again when the time is right.

16 Likes

Yes, please re-open layering. we are experiencing 5hr+ ques on raid night and its a huge pain to babysit my character just so i can stay online for raid.

25 Likes

You know what will happen if you enable layering? Then people wouldn’t care that their realm is overpopulated, and you would see even more people piling up on these mega servers.

40 Likes

Yes please

7 Likes