Oof... armor "fix"

Just logged in and my damage as a melee has dropped by like 75%. crits are in the 1k’s now instead of much higher.

I’ve heard/read that this was always as intended… however the last 2 re-releases of tbc didn’t contain this “fix” and its weird and detrimental (in my opinion) to do it now, after people made gear/spec/crafting choices that would take a long time to undo… and/or cant be undone in this pre-raid phase as many of the items they’d need come from quests that you can’t re-do.

Not a rant, just a “hrm… why do this now?” instead of a “why do this at all?”

I’d have played a different class/spec if my lvling experience had been this way.

I get it was this way in TBC vanilla, but it wasnt this way in the re-releases or the launch of this version. The timing is horrible. not the fix itself, per-se.

27 Likes

yeah my sinister strike went from doing 1k crit to like 550 crit

3 Likes

yuuuup. and rogues we’re already having trouble getting groups, as near as i could tell.

7 Likes

I’m not even doing half my tooltip damage. Full sunders on this water elemental made almost no difference. Still doesn’t compare to the damage I lost. This is a pass for me, I know melee wasn’t THIS week in previous TBCs. They screwed something up.

4 Likes

yeah seems like perhaps an “over correction” its … a lot.

7 Likes

Are you surprised? Can you imagine how many boosts they will sell from some melee mains rerolling?

18 Likes

Do you have any evidence to support that statement?

6 Likes

Glad I abandoned my rogue and swapped to mage for TBC

2 Likes

I boosted a warrior 2 days before TBC… RIP me. No way I continue hitting as hard as vanilla 50 rogue.

1 Like

seems extremely over-tuned. did they actually use the correct armor values or just give everything a 10x multiplier? lol

4 Likes

Mobs went from ~0 to 40% armour. 40% armour is the intended value and how much they had in original TBC. You can do the math.

6 Likes

IIRC there’s three mob armour profiles: caster, regular and tank. Most mobs use regular which is 40%.

3 Likes

Last TBC did have the correct armor values.

This isn’t a melee expansion.

6 Likes

I’ll save judgement for when I get home. I want to “feel the difference” before I lose my mind.

I knew something was wrong with how hard I was hitting this time while leveling, but we also were not as trash in last two iterations as a lot of these retailer/FotM class rollers are saying. The truth is likely somewhere in between.

If the “fix” is incorrect, I imagine Blizz will look at it, as this does affect 2/3 of the tanking specs ingame, and looking at this forum, people can do nothing but complain about the lack of tanks. If the fix is as it was in Classic version, then by phase 2 and 3, gear will start to catch up and I’ll just hang tight til then.

The fix isn’t incorrect.

Melee are just worse in TBC for the WHOLE expansion.

Unless you get armor pen and glaives.

That’s just how it is.

9 Likes

Frostfire is an idiot, just look at logs from last fresh.

8 Likes

Fury is good even in T4 in a high performing group tbh

3 Likes

It’s not an over correction.

The armor was 10x lower than it should be

2 Likes

They are posting on anything talking about this. Such a bitter person. I’m doing WAY less than I should be.

2 Likes

No you are doing the damage you should be doing now.

2 Likes