Only one WQ in DF?

basically title
was this a choice on purpose? why is there only one pet WQ when we have 4 zones and easily could have 4 in the same fashion SL had 4, 1 in each zone

3 Likes

The only reasoning I can hazard a guess at would be because we have exactly half the number of tamers/trainers, and combined with that (for now) the pet battles are some of the few WQ/Daily type things that reset each day instead of every 3.5. In addition to that, it’s likely partially to keep community outrage to a minimum that they’ve given us one WQ instead of at least two.

3 Likes

Does seem that aside from throwing a bunch of new pets into DF, wasn’t much effort put into pet stuff. It’s possible this was a low priority with the urgency of getting DF working and launched and stop the bleeding of WoW subscribers towards the end of SL.

The few pet WQs we’re seeing now are awfully easy. Some of the 16 pet WQs in SL were hard and only a few were really trivial, indicating dev hours had been put into designing them. Were also pet vendors all over the place, most with prereq quests to get them to sell to you. Here we have Patchu whose only prereq is getting yourself down to Iskaar, and Mythressa’s 2 pets if you have lot of excess currency from working Primal Storms.

Meantime we can, at least, keep working the SL trainers, just that lot less XP from them.

4 Likes

It is a bit weird. On one hand I’ve liked that there were a bunch of “hidden” pets and others that ended up from quest chains. Also a lot of the new pets are very cute.

But on the other hand it does seem like that not a lot of effort was put into pet battling. Not only is there only the one daily quest, but there are only 8 possible ones in total.

Most of them seem pretty easy and the tamers are just there in major quest hubs instead of being tucked away in random places around the world, which I always liked coming across them as I quested though the new zones.

I also think this is the first time that the safari and family battler achievements don’t award a extra pet.

4 Likes

Agreed, they definitely put more effort into pet trainers in previous expansions. I’ve noticed that they didn’t even have mid-battle dialogue scripts to give them any personality, they’re just pet charm merchants sitting in town.

It really gives me the sense that at this point the only vision for pet battles is how it can be used to sell the more tedious PvE aspects of the game.

4 Likes

well there is (I think) one super pet and one trainer in each zone, how much more effort does it need to just make one WQ pet in each zone, or at least having like 2 instead of 1 per resets

3 Likes

It is disappointing for sure. There should be 2 at least.
I know I can go to SL and BFA to farm stones and charms but I want to play in the new continent.

1 Like

I find it damn strange to only have 1 pet battle a day going on…use to having one in each zone of past expansions…that diffidently going to cut into my collection of pet charms now …guess I’ll have to go back to SL for dailies there for pet charms…let me add this it seems they cut back on pet charm mission board quests too in SL…I was usually getting at least one mission per day per character to do …now I am lucky if I get 1 per charm mission on any of my characters that can do the mission board in SL.

Yeah its just a pita to have to go back its very time consuming to work back too SL for the dailies…

2 Likes

This makes me wish they would change the rewards from Legion world quests. Get rid of Shiny Pet Charm and just replace them with Polished Shiny Pet Charms already. They were only created because they didn’t want us to stockpile charms before BFA launched. But that doesn’t seem to matter anymore. No new charms were created after that.
That would give us more to do to compensate for so little this expansion.

2 Likes

Seems like the lack of dailies for battle pets in Dragon Flight is a way to cut into stock piles of charms…haha…I walked into Dragon Flight with over 66,000 of them …I walked into Shadowlands with over 30,000 of the charms…I have a legion of alts I pet battle with all the time…I am thinking of doing a in game business of leveling up pets for folks to make gold…

1 Like

I didn’t stockpile charms and so with the severe lack of them in this expansion I have spent an enormous amount of gold on the new pets and for flawless battle stones to upgrade them. I wish that we had more than one daily and that it showed which pet tamer WAS the daily in Dragonflight.

2 Likes

In a way that does reduce the amount of stocking them because laziness happens lol. But the quests are there for us to do still even if the dragon isles are lacking. And I’m willing to do more if they update the pet charms so it’s worthy doing it.

1 Like

Sort of irritating that there isn’t much to do with pet WQs in DF, but seems like half the WQs that came up after weekly reset are Dragon Races. Not sure what audience Blizzard is trying to attract with this expansion.

5 Likes

These races are the new way to make quick gold
Use them before they get nerfed.

1 Like

You know what I find funny about this is that Lio the Lioness, the Worgen Merchant in our Garrisons and in Dalaran (she does get around, doesn’t she?) rewards quests with Shiny Pet Charms. (Serrah, if you’re a Horde.) Yet, everything she sells is available only with Polished Pet Charms.

Wouldn’t it make more sense, if she charges in Polished Pet Charms, to reward with Polished Pet Charms?

As for DF, I haven’t explored all the zones yet, only one. But what I find frustrating is that there are very few places that I see any capturable pets at all. And I see all kinds of cute little critters all over the place, and I think they’d make nice pets, but I never happen to see one of them that has the capturable pet icon above them.

For instance, I’m now in the Wild Preserve, and I see a tiny salamander. Seems like it would make a fair pet. Yet it isn’t one. And I see in my Pet Journal that it isn’t a pet at all.

This is kind of annoying.

1 Like

The wild ones are out there I have caught quite a few of them…there are quite a few of hidden ones too…like Whitewhiskers only way to see that wild one is you need some Snow Glare sunglasses from a certain NPC out there in the span… Whitewhisker is to get some sunglasses from the little dude named Nuptuk at 50.85, 54.78 in the Azure Span…just talk to him and you’ll get the glasses that will allow you to see the battle pet. Once you have the glasses buff you’ll see battle pet in the area there.

That is just one of the hidden ones…there is another that is inside a cave you have to be a miner or have a miner with you to break down cave wall and get inside but the area in a time shift and as your standing there your losing your health so you have to be fast to get it and get out of the area.

I had fun the first few weeks of DF trying to get 3 of every wild battle pet. I found this article on Wowhead very helpful. Check it out if you’re interested in finding all the wild pets. Some pets are a bit of a challenge to find :wink:

I agree there are a lot of cute critters that would be great as a pet.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the amount of gold you get for doing those races and you can do them on normal not advanced course…usually its 500+ gold each race you do…get a few characters out there doing them everyday …you can stack up some damn great amount of gold for sure…Gold mission in WoD and Legion is where I made quite a bit of my millions back then…I was running 14 tables a day in both expansions…

1 Like

The one good thing is that you can do that 1 WQ on multiple characters. So if you have a few 60+ chars, and have unlocked world quests for your alts, you can do them.

I have 3 characters right now that can do them.

I never did SL, so I don’t have any of that unlocked.

BFA mission board and WQ have had charms as rewards - not crazy amounts like the person who had 30k from bfa, but enough to get some stones.

I see it like they want you not have everything day one. I wish that the legion charms could at least buy stones rather than pets no one wants, as I still do my garrison dailies and a few WoD dailies to level up pets and so I think I have 300-500 of the WoD/Legion charms which aren’t useful at all.

Anyways multiple chars milking the 1WQ a day and if you did SL do that and do BFA and you shouldn’t have a problem getting what you need. (With a bit of time.)