Only One Evoker per realm?

So maybe I missed this but what is this a thing? What if I wanted to make one on the other faction? Why are we limited to 1 per realm?

1 Like

Because they start at a high level.

8 Likes

It was the same for DK

3 Likes

demon hunter too, just wait til Blizz squishes things again because they are morons, you will have more than 1 if you want. I think it should be 1 per faction per realm, at a max of 2 for all heroic classes.

3 Likes

Demon Hunter, too. Monk was the exception.

So, let the second one start at level 10, like dks or dhs nowadays.

I’m sure they’ll eventually do that. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

It’s an idiotic holdover from the other hero classes with no real reason for it to exist anymore. Along with the need to have a high level character already on the realm to make one.

They don’t want new players without experience making a high level character that requires more skill… Which is completely negated if the new player buys the version of the game with a free level 60 boost.

They don’t want gold sellers to be able to farm high level content by just making a high level character. Level 60 boost and superfast leveling, negate this. Plus the token was supposed to make goldsellers obsolete.

It’s a relic of the past that needs to be squashed.

1 Like

It’s not a holdover, it’s very deliberate. You aren’t meant to be able to freely spam create toons that are already 75% leveled. Seems obvious.

Every boost cost hits a gold seller’s bottom line, and then feeds Blizzard more resources to counteract them. Think about the difference between creating a dozen Evokers for free versus buying a dozen boosts to 60.

That was never the point of the token. No idea where you got that concept, because Blizzard sure didn’t claim that. At best it was meant to normalize pricing around a figure Blizzard could control, and, since the demand was there, give players a safe/legitimate source that didn’t involve botting, hacking, theft, etc. (i.e. cheating).

3 Likes

i think its more about stopping people from botting…if people could make new accounts and just make tons of evokers at lvl 58, would be easy to use them to bot gold or whatever else.

1 Like

So instead they just bot level a crowd of druids in a couple hours that are far better for farming anyway. It’s probably faster and easier than trying to get a large number of Evokers through the starting zone so that they can be useful.

That might have held weight back in Wrath and Legion when you couldn’t get to max in 3-4 hours of leveling. Now, with DF’s new leveling curve it doesn’t really hold up.

Except they won’t do either. Like i said at the start of this post they will bot level some druids because they don’t require money or the hassle of trying to get out of a locked starter zone, because of my second point that you conveniently ignored. Super fast leveling.

Yes it was, you know that, i know that, a monkey on the moon knows that. Just because Blizz will never come out and directly say it because it would have been an admission that goldselling was a problem doesn’t make it less true.

Don’t play evoker

Embrace demon hunter

2 Likes

That is how it is for every hero class when it was released. At the end of the expansion (or maybe halfway) they will open it up. But it was the same for Death Knights and Demon Hunters.

Blizz announced that they will always do that with hero classes upon release.

Because monk wasn’t a hero class.

This is basically the answer.

All these people whining and crying about it need to feed the hamster on the wheel in their head.

you should be able to server transfer one there if you really want more (i did it back in the day with DK’s)

1 Like

Who in their right mind would want 2 of this class :rofl:

Or if you play on a lower population realm that is connected to other realms you could create another one. People on high population realms seem to want all the perks of playing on low pop realms with none of the drawbacks.

Why would you need more than 1…?