Only low level recipes give level up

I have just returned from back from the BoA realease. My leather working skill was maxed now i get back and 20 new levels there are lots of new recipes which i purchased but none of them give level ups. I have only old recipes that give me lvls, is that normal. I would like not to go back and purchase old mats or get them to level up.

If you have moved on to recipes from a new expansion, you have to learn the profession skill for that particular expansion to level up.

You need BoA leatherworking, taught by a trainer within BoA content, to level up using BoA recipes.

1 Like

When 8.2, came out, they raised the BfA profession cap from 150 to 175. The old BfA recipes generally won’t get you past 150. For the new section, you’ll need the recipes from Naz’jatar/Mechagon. Once you unlock your faction’s base in Naz’jatar, there are profession NPCs that will let you raise your cap to 175 and teach you some new stuff. There will also probably some recipes that require some rep from Naz’jatar from the quartermaster. I’m not sure about Leatherworking specifically, but there should be some guides out there to help you get maxed again.

2 Likes