Only green tattoo color for blood elf?

I have a night elf demon hunter that I can change the tattoo color at the barber shop. I also have a blood elf dh on a different realm that I cannot change tattoo color, there is no option for tattoo color at the barber shop. I’ve disabled all addons and restarted my computer, logged back and forth between the two to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. Yet, I’ve seen several blood elf dh with different color tattoos, like purple, red, etc… why am I stuck with green, I just don’t have a tattoo at the moment because the green looks terrible with current transmog

As no one’s responded to ya; I’d submit an in-game ticket. Just checked mine (My Belf, obviously) and the option is there to change the colours just under the style.

You’re bugged, buddy.

reset cache, interface, wtf, removed all addons then restarting (these are what my ticket response said to try) … didn’t work.

I’ll try on my computer at work tomorrow, different computer, see if it’s a local computer thing, as blizzard seems to think, or something with my character on their end, which is what I think. Also maintenance and patch Tuesday, we’ll see.
update
patch did not fix it, have tried on 3 different computers to no avail. My character is bugged on blizzards side, and I doubt they believe it or will do anything about it… They’ve done nothing but try to blame my side of the fence so far… All they need to do is log in to the toon on their system and they’ll see

Update to the update:
In case this happens to anyone else, it looks like the original cause was the Appearance Change service. As such, they refunded and undid the appearance change. Then, I re-did the appearance change and everything worked out just fine, fully customizable. They also mentioned a known bug where female belfs can’t change tattoo color.

Had the same problem. Thought I would share what fixed it for me. In my case I had hidden tattoos completely. When I went to enable them again there was no option to pick the color (only fel green). What worked for me was choosing a tattoo design and then clicking the accept(spend the gold). It updated immediately by adding an extra line to the barber shop options for tattoo color. I realize this only helps some but I thought a possible solution was worth necroing the thread.

2 Likes