Only 3 options for reporting a player?

In-game reporting only shows 3 categories:

1. Inappropriate name.
  2. Cheating.
  3. Gameplay Sabotage.

Which option do I select for harassment?

Of those, game play sabatoge then type in the box harrassment.

I don’t see that as a sub-option under “gameplay sabotage”. I am forced to choose one of the following:

1. afk/non-particpation.
  2. Intentionally dying.
  3. Blocking team progress.

There’s no box to type it in? Usually there is a box.

Your UI may be messing with you.

There is a box. But you can’t submit a report without first selecting a sub-option.

Ok just select something then type in the box.

Blocking team progress should work. If they are harrassing try clicking the harrassing text to report rather than the player themselves.

For ongoing harrassment, you have to open a ticket.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/683/solution

But you also need to use in game tools to help beyond just basic they annoyed me harrassment. Use the ignore system. Do not respond back to your harrasser. If they bypass the ignore system, then open a ticket. Not even to defend yourself, as doing so looks like mutual combat/chit chat.

And if they are breaking other rules, such as names and chat violations, you would report those specifically using the right click system.

Please read this post by one of our resident CS reps for more information.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Seems odd there isn’t an option via the right-click system. Having to go through the process of opening a ticket is convoluted with the new ticketing system they changed several months back. Sigh. Thanks anyway.

The support system has had some reviews since it’s inception, including mirroring it across the website, but the base system has not been changed for some years, and harrassment was in this category since before Vrak initially wrote the spotlight article. If it is something you can’t find, of course it may not be something GM staff can help with. But harrassment was pretty easy to find under in game issues.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’re reporting them by clicking on that player’s name plate and not whatever might be said in chat? Or is the harassment not consisting of any chat offenses?

1 Like

Yes I understand there may be an option available under the ticketing system. I’m just lamenting that there isn’t via the right-click system which seems a lot more straight forward.

Of course, submit a suggestion, but as noted it takes more investigation then just a report a line or a name. Which probably is why a ticket is considered the better option.

Continuing the discussion from Spotlight on: Harassment:

2 Likes

Yes it was via the player circle avatar thingy idk what it’s called.

portrait, but there are more report option on a chat line

Is there chat that could be reported? That would likely have a more ideal option under inappropriate chat and whatnot. But if that isn’t the case, just pick whatever you feel is best just so that the right-click and report function can do it’s snapshot thing. Then file an ongoing harassment ticket with the link provided above, being sure to put all of the relevant information in your ticket.

2 Likes

Put them on ignore, if they bypass the ignore, then you submit a ticket for continuing harassment.

You don’t, not through that system at least. The options available by right clicking on the character’s portrait are limited, as you noticed, to specific activities, such as cheating, and/or inappropriate names.

If someone is using inappropriate language or subject matter you’d want to click on the offending chat line to report it.

Harassment is a bit more involved then checking for a bad name, or use of inappropriate language. The right click report system collects data that is immediately available for the issue, such as something that was recently said in chat, where situations that we’d call harassment is more complicated and requires a different kind of investigation.

The system was changed years ago, there haven’t really been any changes in the last several months outside of updates to some selections.

The section Kozzae listed from the Spotlight on: Harassment covers how to report and when. Your first step in any harassment situation is to place the player on ignore and do not engage with them. If they continue to contact you, somehow circumventing the ignore system, then you’d want to use the Ongoing harassment option through the support site.

7 Likes