One sided PvP

Do Alliance have some kind of unspoken bond not to come into BG’s and ruin their teams chances or do they simply not have as many boosted characters? This is a real question that’s been on my mind since I started BG’s for achievements. It’s ridiculous that I’m more likely to save time on my achievements just by faction transferring. Horde are wilfully ignorant to BG mechanics, usually in the interest of farming Honor. I want to tear my hair out sometimes, and I have very little of that left.

Something is complicated for people in Wgrasp and I can’t wrap my head around their thought process. I genuinely can’t and I’ve tried to for the sake of rallying people or playing their weakness into my strength somehow (letting them meat shield while I actually do the damage) to actually complete objectives but it just doesn’t happen. Other than the rounds where you join Wgrasp and it’s 10 Alliance vs 50+ Horde we get absolutely dominated by Ally taking West time and time again.

The same goes for Isle of Conquest. What am I missing that makes more sense to take Hangar and send 30/40 people there? We get crushed by uncontested demos CONSTANTLY and almost always lose the race. What is going on and how can I possibly make a difference? Any constructive suggestions are welcome, otherwise eventually I’m biting the bullet and spending the outrageous amount to swap factions. (Time vs. Cost)

1 Like

Until blizzard hires one intern to wipe out the bots on an hourly basis, workshop is a lost cause. There’s like 20 bots there each time and you’ll just get one shot. You always should go hangar, and send a few rogues to docks, then it’s a 50/50 chance of win depending on if the other half of the alliance team has a tank among it’s actual human players.

Same with AV basically, you either go for a quick win and out dps them or a slow agonizing win or loss that takes an hour. Alliance have a huge advantage in AV though, and somehow manage to always 5 man the boss with all towers up when we can’t do it with 5 times as many players, i have no idea how they do this every time.

As far as WSG goes, if horde you should go ahead and afk out or mess around because those bene/grob premades are there often and no life the hell out of it. I guess they queue specifically for WSG because some nights thats all that pops and it’s always a 10 man bene premade on ally side.

1 Like

That’s how it got this bad in the first place.

human racial is just vastly better, nothing even comes close. I watched many arena players transfer over and gain a free 200 rating just from having another trinket

the sewers walljump compounded this since horde paladins could not jump up. This wasn’t addressed for like 9-10 months

also i think horde has more pve players so more demand for bought gold = more bots running hordeside (just a theory)

Not sure how EMFH works in cata. is it nerfed?

No, it’s the same as in wotlk.

1 Like

Sad but true.

We have the same problems we’ve had for all of wrath. Horde has more scrubs AND bots. When matched horde vs horde, it’s astounding how much easier they are to fight then alliance.

Another coward flees the horde, but wrath is almost over, so it matters little at this point.

WG has almost no bots in it and we win it pretty often, but you unnecessarily queue up at the last 5 minutes, just to outnumber the enemy, and at the same time, want to claim you aren’t a coward. With this logic, I think you’ll fit right in with the alliance. Farewell, and do not come back, “cough cough.

Edit: He’s still on the horde btw, despite making a rant and trying to mock me.

1 Like

I’m not looking to waste an extra 200+ matches carrying people. That’s a whole lot of hours for absolutely no gain, if nothing it’s boosting more bots loss after loss. My current strategy for winning Wgrasp is queue up at 25 minutes because they are outnumbered the last match 2:1. We still come pathetically close to losing some of those matches.

As for “coward” I’m working on achievements sir, if it requires me to play differently then I will. I clearly pvp for different reasons than others and would certainly be a different class if this is what I enjoyed doing. I’ve held off until they were some of my last because it both lowers my sanity and increases frustration.

If I didn’t have a very clear objective to work towards, I would play a warrior and zug mid like everyone else. cough cough

2 Likes

Do you have an Alliance main? Have you spent a handful of days playing on an alliance main for bgs with an open mind?

I genuinely ask because you may be looking at the alliance on your losing matches with rose tinted glasses. As a previous horde main who went ally thinking the same thing, I was fairly surprised to find the same exact issues.

In the long run, alliance tend to win more than lose but it’s slightly and not incredibly noticeable. I say its the simple fact that sometimes you get a group filled with people who are geared and want to do the objectives, other times you get a group filled with people who are gearing and could care less for objectives.

Sometimes, you get a mixture of both and end up being in a bg where one person is losing their mind in bg chat and the other person is laughing.

1 Like