One shot death? From a mangy wolf outside SW

Random mobs in the open world are 1 shotting my druid tank from behind. This is also happening while mounted. Certain dungeon bosses in cata/classic timeline are straight nuking tanks. Not sure what you did blizz, but a fix would be nice. I’m not the only one experiencing this. Watch out for the low level wolves outside stormwind, they got a serious one shot buff.

This also happened with the Northwatch NPCs near Sen’jin Village.

This has been happening to me too in the past few days. Have only been leveling in Eastern Kingdoms and Boralus open world, but it’s happening in both places. Definitely new.

I noticed a similar issue recently on a low level alt. Did you happen to be on the Chauffeured Mekgineer’s Chopper mount? (it’s the heirloom mount that you can use at level 1)

This happened to me on Chauffeured Mekgineer’s Chopper, too. It is also happening on the quest “How to train your direhorn” quest trying to outrun Pinky. Kills you in 1-2 hits before you can get to the first gate. Tried 5 times with no luck. Weirdness.

Yeah my theory is that while riding in the side-carriage of the chopper, you’re technically in a vehicle and that vehicle is likely being seen as some higher level mob or something and the scaling is being applied incorrectly.

I’ve been wondering if the vehicle could be being scaled down incorrectly… now that I think about it, this (scaling up or down wrong) would explain a bug in a legion quest too, where you control (ride) a turtle past pirates and crocodiles… all of which one-shot you

Yep, basically, anything that puts you in a “vehicle” seems to be triggering issues in certain level brackets.