One More Old School Role Call

i miss the good old days. i got to thank my homeboy gungaden for getting me to play this game all those years ago. i hope everyone is doing well. back then my main was morphyus.

1 Like

Lots of folks have left, lots of folks don’t check the forums. x_x

Yah, wanted to see if any of the old old school were around or even still playing.

I’ve been playing on and off since 2004. The game is still a great escape. This new expansion is great!

1 Like

Back to the top! We are still around!

Shadow Remains, that name takes me way back. What was the name of that undead rogue from SR, the guy who was one of the most beastly PVP’ers on the server? Not RacheKrieg, though he was good too. But the one I’m trying to remember was around before him.

Neji /10char

1 Like

Neji was a shaman who had slap fights on the forums with Elthor and others. The Undead Rogue was like… Bonecracker or something? I dunno if it was a Neji alt or not.

I just found the name when I was looking at the “Classic Connections 2004 - 2010 ER” sub-forum. It was Soulhatcher.

1 Like

THAT’S what it was.

Neji was an elemental shaman who had fancy raid gear and ran around with the two spell damage trinkets chucking chain lightnings is mainly what I remember. Also definitely not a Soulhatcher alt. I wonder what happened to Snugglemuffins or whatever we called him when he ganked us in Stormwind. I haven’t heard from him in years.

i used to run with soulhatcher alittle bit in BGs back in the day. that was after i reached high warlord. those were the days. aelannor we ran into each other alot back then or am i thinking of someone else?

We definitely did, though things back that far are pretty hazy now unfortunately. For a few years there I was spending pretty much all my free time PvPing (or waiting in queue to go pvp).

Also speaking of long queue times, I found my ancient photobucket account with a bunch of WoW pictures from 2005-2010 or so. Here’s a good one from early 2006:

https://imgur.com/a/0ehs2Zu

I am… surprised you’re still playing Ael. I remember PVPing with you in AV a bunch of times. Guess I’ll see if it’s worth playing since I got 7 free days. I see Razov is still around and my alt wasn’t booted from Natures Elite. Airden doesn’t look like they’ve played in a while. Not sure on Timmid, Rayveniel. Bunch of others, Sunberry, Mads, or anyone else. Glad to see Shadow Remains is still alive.

My friends list is pretty barren these days, not a real surprise.

Ahhh…yes…that reputation tree…
imgur /a/xb1txmU

It is so quiet now.

He’s not wrong…

Yeah, we need that merge bad. Sucks for the RP scene especially, even if I never really participated on it it was always fun to see people chilling on the cities and towns other than the current-xpac-hub. Nowadays all I see on Stormwind are bank alts and bots glued to the AH.

And while questing leveling alts, I’ve seen a handful of people from ER, but its kind of sad when the most I’ve seen are the hordes of 5-10 Boomkin-druid bots group farming mobs (boi there is a LOOOOT of them 24/7 on Nazmir farming blood trolls)

Raiding-wise, I am blessed that my main raid guild (Reciprocity) hasn’t had any problem at all, heck this expansion we even had our group reach the cap number of 30 during Vault, currently our Aberrus runs tend to go at around the 20-25 folks showing up consistently. But I do kinda miss my old raiding guild groups, mainly Icon and the guild I used to run with during Wrath/Cata (forgot their name unfortunately).