One macro for two spec spells?

I want to make macros for Holy and for Disc and I’m rapidly running out of character specific macro slots. I’d like to make macros so that they work in both specs. Example - A mouseover that will cast Flash Heal if I’m in holy and Shadow Mend if I’m in disc. I’m just not great with figuring out code, so thank you in advance!

1 Like

You can do this using the macro conditional “spec”. Gamepedia’s got a full list of conditionals that’s up to date.

/cast [spec:1]Spell A;[spec:2]Spell B

8 Likes

This is what I ended up having to do to make it work:

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1,@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Power Word: Shield
/cast [spec:2,@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Renew

The downside is that it only shows the tooltip for Shield, when I’m in spec 1. Is there a way to show the tooltip for Renew, in spec 2 as well?

2 Likes
#showtooltip
/cast [spec:2,@mouseover,help,nodead] [spec:2] Renew; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Power Word: Shield
6 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

does anyone know if we can add mods to this? I want:
#showtooltip Poisoned Knife
/cast [nomod] Poisoned Knife
/cast [mod:shift, @focus] Poisoned Knife
to do the exact same thing if I am sub, but with shuriken toss.

and also this:
/use [mod:alt] Fan of Knives; Rupture

to do the same thing with Shuriken storm & Nightblade

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,spec:1,@focus,harm,nodead] [spec:1] Poisoned Knife; [mod:shift,spec:3,@focus,harm,nodead] [spec:3] Shuriken Toss
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,spec:1] Fan of Knives; [mod:alt,spec:3] Shuriken Storm; [spec:1] Rupture; [spec:3] Nightblade
4 Likes

Wow!! So fast 6 months later, thank you so much man!

this is old but when I looked it up then learnt more I thought I would share.

you can do this, which I did for my pally

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:2/3, @mouseover, exists, help][@player] Cleanse Toxins
/cast [Spec:1, @mouseover, exists, help][@player] Cleanse

6 Likes

Ooohhhh it’s “spec:2/3”! I tried “spec: 2,3”, which failed, and I just decided to write them both out.

Good to know!

#showtooltip
/cast [spec:1,@mouseover,help,nodead] [spec:1] Cleanse; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Cleanse Toxins
1 Like