One disc priest change you would like

I either want Power Radiance to be an instant cast baseline for pve or Rapture to behave like Luminous Barrier

Passive Atonement

The new talent system opened the door for a variety of playstyles to pick from, and passive atonement would’ve been a perfect option for those who enjoyed that style.

3 Likes

IMHO, some of those PvP talents Disc has speaks volumes.

• Insta Radiance… +200% healing on it. It actually becomes an ability you can use reactively.
  • Get one or both aspects of Dome of Light - either half the cooldown on PW Barrier or up its % to 45% reduction. IMHO: Power Word Barrier is the most overrated cooldown in the game. So many people think it’s great and “the reason you bring Disc Priests”, then I explain it’s a 3 minute cooldown that only reduces everyone’s damage by a pretty pitiful 25% - it doesn’t count as a healing cooldown: you still need another healer to use another cooldown or we’re gonna die. When they actually know what it does, they suddenly realize it’s one of the worst “healing cooldowns” in the game.
  • Inner Shadow. “Why does the priest that damages to heal actually have less damage than a Holy Priest who remembers to bind Holy Fire and a 1 minute cooldown on his bar and occasionally press it? - here, take 10% more damage for free.”

It was like the PVP talents were designed by someone who tried raiding as Disc and was like: “WTF is this trash?”

1 Like

I want a choice node on power word barrier that turns the spell into something a bit more useful for dungeons, not to say its a horrible dungeon button but it certainly isn’t the easiest cooldown to get value out of, especially as there are a lot of the spread mechanics in m+.

4 Likes

They need to reduce the mana cost of the entire tool kit by 50%

Id love to see another boon of the ascending style move that can help us during encounters that require high hps. Out of the four coven abilities they took im kinda annoyed they took mind games. Outside of a few niche situations its basically just an added castable dot.

Powerword Radience being instant cast and evangelism off GCD would literally fix the entire spec and also lower barrier of entry significantly, in general just make the whole class feel so much better to play in the high movement raid direction blizz is currently going in.

More ways to increase the time of / application of Atonement. Can still have a ramp before big inc damage, but in the downtime, I just want to do damage.

Would removing Innervate count as a Disc change?

So you know they don’t balance Disc’s mana usage around having one or more of them…

2 Likes

I want our mana regen (or lack thereof) to not be pure garbage.

1 Like

Gtfo with the label of mana starving spec. Its been long enough of “yo look …a disc priest…tmjust play safe he will be oom in two minutes”.

Every healer like evoker druid or pala…mana non issue if your arent terribad.

1 Like

More than I’m upset they took mindgames, I’m upset they nerfed the absolute hell out of it SPECIFICALLY for disc to the point where it’s barely usable.

The spell is interesting, but it’s tuned to be completely useless.

As far as disc wants -

• PoM applying atonement to first target application
  • PW:L applying atonement
  • Schism to actually increase Expiation/torment.
  • Revert Mindgames nerfs.
  • More than half the 10.0.5 changes were things I already wanted (baseline dark reprimand, longer scov, cheaper, more effective mind blast).
  • Fix the Scov shadow healing bugs
  • Look at more mana costs, especially mana cost of renew.
1 Like

Right now I’d like to be able to have 2 or 3 PW: Shields up outside of when I use rapture.

3 Likes

giver us brez, kick, or lust. our class lacks good uitility. outside of PI, lost our knock back, fear you need to be in melee, same with roots and you need to waste a talent on it, +they’re just bad in general, only specs that dont have the choice of a interrupt are disc or holy.

1 Like

I would also love to have something like shining force back or some type of CC and atonement to be an aura.

I know this will never happen but when using shadow covenant, it would be great if flash heal turned into shadow mend or something like it.

That way we have SOME type of option if we get locked out of our holy spells.

1 Like

Attonement applying automatically to all party players

A reliable Power of the Dark Side
Power word Radiance mana cost to be cut in half.

More damage.

If it had to be just one thing, I’d pick longer atonements.
But there are several things the spec needs currently to really push us up to par.

-Passive attonement or a way to have 100% uptime on the party with the stacks of radiance similar to what prot warrior have with shield slam extending the duration of shield block.
-Shadow mend back as talent option or applying twilight equilibrium to weave flash heal with it.
-Some form of utility (lust, brez, default spirit of redemption which brings you back alive, no some useless delay death mecanic, damage buff to party, interrupt). Being most iconic healer and the least useful of them all is sad on so many level.
-Mind seer
-Range psychic scream

I would love to see a shadow crash like ability for shadow word pain, especially for m+, needing to spend 8 gcds on application at the beginning of a pack stinks. I think this could help not getting behind in m+