One character keeps getting DC'd on log in

As the title says - I get almost instantly disconnected when I get on my shaman. Any other character I can select and play normally. All of them have the same addons. All of the level 70 characters log out in the exact same spot in Valdrakken. But only this one gets booted.

And before someone posts the link the stuck character tool - she isn’t stuck. Once I can finally get on and play, I can move around just fine. She didn’t fall through the world or anything - she’s standing on an outcropping near the inscription trainer.

Have you tried renaming the interface , WTF and cache folders to see if it logs in? It does not matter if you have the same addons each character saves a different set of variables for them .

If addons didn’t matter, than the default response from customer support wouldn’t be “did you disable your addons?”

not disable remove. each character has its own cache a corrupted cache will cause one toon not to load. rename the WTF, Cache and WTF. Then try loading that character . The reason that it is the first thing they ask is that even though the addons work on all your other toons it is still possible its the issue on one toon.

1 Like

This procedure.

If you don’t try this, no one can help you.

2 Likes