One change for your spec

Name one thing you’d change to your spec of DK, one ability to change or add; or an interaction of mechanics.

For me I’d like to see mastery add improved crit damage to my killing machine procs.

I’d like to see some of the passive damage taken away and put more into your rotations, with buttons you hit, so dead coil and SS would hit way harder

I’d really like to see FS and SS rune costs switched. This would make it easier to target swap and would get through the rotation faster. It would also make SS feel like its hitting something now

3 Likes

I’d like for Dark Transformation to make sense visually, you either go from a boney ghoul or a masked geist to a big dumb floppy armed bluey.
All they had to do was design a bigger badder version of the same minion, but they hit us with that shortcut.

How about a glyph that makes your next summoned minion an undead version of the last person or creature you killed. At least with this Blizzard can get lazy with Dark Transformation

Gargoyle baseline, Dark Arbiter in its talent spot.
Dark Transformation off the GCD.
Necrotic Strike baseline.
Antimagic Zone baseline.
Dark Simulacrum baseline.
Festering Wound and Deathcoil damage doubled.
Raise Ally resource cost removed or changed to 1 rune.
Shadowmourne’s proc returned as a %Str rune to compete with Fallen Crusader.

and that’s just unholy, sorry, but we need more than 1 change. frost and blood need even more work.

10 Likes

BDK is perfect IMHO. But it would be nice to have new abilities once in a while. I remember the thrill of leveling up wondering what new cool abilities I would be able to choose once I reach the next cap. That is fun.

1 Like

2H Frost, we needs it back!

Also: remove BOS, or reduce it’s damage and make the cooldown shorter. I hate hitting like a tactical nuclear weapon for a few seconds then basically auto attacking for a couple of minutes, throwing in a few abilities that don’t even out dps our auto attacks. Even worse when you have to move as soon as you cast it.

9 Likes

Lower CDs for damage. Moar damage.

But most importantly.
MOAR BOOONESTOOORM!

2 Likes

Not just for me but all my fellow tanks.

Remove that idiotic 20% increase in damage taken in PvP that was implemented with templates.

My frost shouldn’t have better survivability than my blood in PvP.

5 Likes

No downtime

6 Likes

I agree here, one of my biggest turn offs is having downtime on runes. I just wish we weren’t that reliant on haste but I do like the element of trying to have efficient rune and runic power management/spending to make this better.

3 Likes

Change killing machine back to frost strike.

1 Like

you forgot 3-4 min baseline CD on Army

i miss legion and specifically ToS Unholy with a 3-4 minute army and Dark Arbiter along with abomination pet.

and since being slow has absolutely no counter advantage in PvE i want Unholy leap to replace death grip (talent) cause there is no utility, dmg, survivability penalty to a rogue/DH mobility.

and blood needs back a rune regen so it doesnt have to stack haste to absurd levels (and so the heartstrike talent can be replaced with something decent)

1 Like

because i would leave it at 20 minutes, it’s supposed to be a once per fight sort of deal where you need to use it at the right time. i would just balance our dps around not using it.

are you sure warrior isn’t calling you? deathgrip is iconic to DKs.

2 Likes

It would be nice if BDK azerite was actually good the same way it is for pretty much every other class and spec in the game.

Our traits blow.

5 Likes

Personally i think DPS Dks should defensively be a bit stronger. If we are going to be the slowest DPS spec in the game, in theory we should have the strongest defenses, admittedly Death Strike does help, however it does feel like we should could have a bit more.

If something like Lichborne and/or Antimagic Zone from the PvP side where bought to PvE it would help though Lichborne in particular may need some adjustments? There was also the Leech Aura from the beta, that could be implemented. The nice thing about the Anti-magic Zone and Leech aura is not only would it make DKs a bit stronger defensively, it would also help with Utility which is another factor we struggle with.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely interested in why you think BDK is perfect

1 Like

Well, its perfect for me in the sense that I cannot think about a single thing I would change.
It is very hard to kill and easy to self-sustain, it has lots of interrupts (I mean, in the world I can even interrupt grays with my death grip), two aoes (death and decay and blood boil), a distance damage ability (blood drinker), and a great concept. It is slow but I have death’s advance and my worgen racial.

Dunno, in the end it just feels good to me.

Agree with everything. One thing I would add is switching the cost and damage between scourge strike and festering strike. It was a suggestion made in an earlier thread that I think needs attention.

My own addition?
2H Frost with a completely new kit.

2 Likes

I would change Unholy’s control undead to not get rid of your pet and still allow you to keep your new friend.

7 Likes

Choosing what undead we can summon.

5 Likes