Once again, proven things aren't tested enough before release

So many issues with gearing, and ilvl of gear rewarded etc. From quests, to events etc

Why do we even have PTR? Why aren’t bugged worked out BEFORE it goes live? And why are people just “oh well, too bad” when we’re faced with bugs? Weekly lockouts and quests should be reset once ya’ll figure this out. Cause it’s a gamble at this point if we’ll get a 480+ item or a 390 item lol

12 Likes

I’m convinced at this point PTR is just to compile a list of things to fix after live release :dracthyr_crylaugh:

11 Likes

PTR - Providing Trouble Realtime

2 Likes

Sometimes things just go wrong when they get pushed to live. But a little communication from Blizzard on these issues would be great. And I mean before the weekend, not next Tuesday or so.

12 Likes

Some of the issues happened during Season 4 of Shadowlands too lol.

Exactly.
To be fair, this gear lvl bug is fickle, not a 100% chance of it happening. But it didn’t start until during or just after their live maintenance scheduled today. So if I were to start investigating, I would find those responisble for that maintenance and interrogate them until they fessed up.

2 Likes

You say this as if the only people who play PTR aren’t just the dataminers and those using it as a demo for M+… Like, who’s doing weekly quests on PTR?

Anyway, it’s the first week of the season. You’ve got months to worry about gear that you’ll replace immediately afterwards. Chill.

the gear ilvl of quests just got broken after they release the patch like this morning - they were working fine yesterday

Wow, imagine that mmo having bugs. Nothing new about this even if we were to report all of the bugs. New bugs will pop up when moving to live servers.

Earlier this morning my druid noticed a 474 chestpiece drop from a WQ. Just looked again and same WQ gives a 350 chest. Possible someone at Blizzard reset the Season dial from 4 back to 2.

1 Like

You also cant buy from most of the gear token for alts. Vendors like the Dust Vendor or Time Rift Vendors. You also cant use the gear upgrade vendor in ED Quest hub. When you mouse over them the bag symbol and Gear Upgrade symbol are not there. Clicking on them does nothing

Then why can people access the PTR before the content releases O.o

It’s not unusual for a hotfix on live to not make it to the working code, so it’s removed again next time there’s an update. This is 100% a QA problem.

Wild guess here.

employee A makes changes to file that affects loot iLvl. updates the file on the version control server.

Change comes through that requires editing that file for some other reason. Employee B doesn’t get the latest version from the version control server, makes the changes and checks in the new file reverting the original changes.

With any decent version control system they should get a warning (possibly not even able to override) that they are going to stomp out a change.

Well for anyone upset over bugs n a little season 4 update um., the next few months gonna be rough for you … lol

update: This issue has been patched

All fixed except the upgrade guy in the Dream Warden Hub Hub

They probably had a firm dead line, and didn’t have time to fix everything. If it wasnt a game breaking bug, it launched, then was ideally hotfixed soon (based on importance).

And dont yall dare say the playerbase would have been ok with pushing the patch day back. We riot and ridicule blizzard if downtime exceeds the posted estimation.