On Premades

I’d be okay with an elo system as well. However how do you apply that to an individual person? What metric would you go by.

There is.

Why would anyone want to hear those things?

I don’t believe this to be a true statement.

However, there is a difference between a leader assembling a team of choice, and leading it, and a group of classes selected by The Matchmaker turning their voice chat on, and using it to communicate.

Though, I suspect not as much as one might think.

1 Like

Teams will wait if they’re having fun. Waiting a minute between games gives opportunity to discuss what went well, what could be done better, strategizing, etc.

I cannot reply to you anymore. Your comments are not based in reality. But good luck to you.

I agree with this. The problem is I just don’t think many would do it. But I agree at least leaving the option in would be nice.

Look at the chat tabs in game. Do you see the headset to the top left of the chat tabs? Have you tried clicking it?

I’m not specifically talking about the supposed in game voice chat that no one has ever mentioned in any match or any talking to in server. Though I’m skeptical it actually functions in this setting. I know it wasn’t in vanilla or tbc. If it’s in now it’s because it’s going off the retail client. If anyone else would like to verify that it actually functions fantastic. But your other comments are based on heavy personal feeling and not reality. Best of luck.

Can we please try to keep discussion limited to the topic of premades within this thread?

Voice is surely an advantage, but I don’t want to see you two flame each other for disagreements about blizzard’s shoddy voip impl.

This may be true. I remember using it during the first couple of weeks of Wrath, because I was in a Naxx raid (Wrath Naxx), and I was playing on a Korean server, but wasn’t able to register for a Nate On Messenger chat application, because I didn’t have a Korean ID to do so.

So, the raid leader used the in-game voice to communicate with me.

I’m not stating, nor have I claimed that people do use it.

Which ones?

1 Like

I’m not going to flame him. He has his own ideas and that’s fine but I’m also not going to argue anymore when his opinions are based almost solely off his own feelings and not on facts.

Even if voice chat worked just as well as discord you are not going to get 10-15 random people to all put headsets on to talk to each other and even if you did it would be something akin to call of duty voice chat. No one wants to do that and it wouldn’t make premade vs pugs any more even.

right click your char frame in a bg and at the bottom it says voice chat and there is a slider to change the volume

1 Like

Which ones? This is a radical claim, and somewhat of an attempt at what? A strawman argument? Ad hominem? Gaslighting?

What precisely are you claiming I have stated that you are calling an opinion based on my own feelings and not on facts?

That’s just one of them.

The only one? And even this isn’t one.

I don’t believe the claim you’re making to be accurate. People being from the same server doesn’t make “a fundamental difference” to them being from randomly selected servers, in my opinion.

Of course, I didn’t state it as a fact either. I stated quite clearly,

“I don’t believe…”

And, I don’t. If you wish to not engage with me in conversation, then that’s fine.

However, it isn’t fine to pretend there is an issue with my expressing my opinions. Not only do I not appreciate that, I find it to be deplorable behavior, and of course, I will not just stand by and accept it.

It is precisely these premades that should get the same treatment they dole out to random PuGs.

Here for you is another one. And all of this is just self feelings based on no evidence or facts or that have any real basis in the statistic of premade winrates.

You are literally saying that the in game voice chat that no one ever uses would be the same or near the same as a discord call with a full premade. And I laid out why that wasn’t true. It’s not an opinion by the way it’s literally verifiable in how voice chat has played out in literally every single other game online. Sure every once in a blue moon you might get into those games where people are enjoyable to talk to and listen but the vast majority of the time you just get the screamos. Which is why when there are repercussions (such as not being invited back to the premade) the issues largely go away.

Now I also said your opinions are fine. Which they are. But you are also horribly horribly wrong. But this is my last post to you. Best of luck.

actually voice chat was in original tbc. it was the main update of the 2.2 patch

1 Like

Hmm then I guess I’m just wrong on that front! Goes to show what years will do and what something poorly implemented brings to the playerbase. I actually know for a fact that I never used it in TBC and I don’t remember anyone ever talking about it.

Well, for me actually I have spent periods when I did record my BG stats, with data including how many from a the same server were on either team, etc.

However again, I clearly stated in the quote, “I feel like…”

Quote me on this. Do you actually understand the words you are using?

I’m particularly curious about “fundamental” and “literally” — because as far as I can tell, you don’t understand their meanings. This could be one of the reasons we’re having this discussion.

In this thread?

I think you’re right. We don’t see eye to eye. I think you are attempting to paint a picture of me that is untrue. Again, I find this to be deplorable behavior.

Read what I’ve stated. Quote it for reference if you must. But don’t make up lies and spread them. It’s not only unkind, it’s just plain bad.

It was pretty bad back then, Teamspeak, Mumble, and Ventrilo were all superior. The one advantage it had was that it was built right into the game.

2 Likes