Older threads

LOL

Why are people blocked from posting on threads that are posted before this time?
Things change over time and people can contribute to the conversation and help others on older threads?
Are all older threads blocked from replying to? what’s the official rule on this?

Like when people google a wow question, they sometimes get lead to this forum, and they might want to contribute to it, add their input to it.
Then when others search similar questions and end up in the same place, they can also benefit from this new/added information, and/or contribute themselves to the question helping others in the future.

Why is there such a hard line on new information being added to order threads?

Because data can change from over a yr old and what happened then couldve been changed I would realy suggest you stop opening threads about closed topics its not gona end well for you. Its blizzards sandbox there rules we gota abide by them.

1 Like

The official stance was quoted in that post you referenced already, Frostburn.

While I understand you believe you had a valid reason to post, the thread was in no way active. Very far from it. So continuing a discussion that is no longer ongoing isn’t very helpful. The majority of people who reply to older threads don’t generally respond to the last post, but start at the top, at the old information.

That is one of the main reasons why we dissuade necro posts, because information changes, discussions end and it is often better to start a new discussion than resurrect an old one.

I feel it important also to note that someone informing you of the forum guidelines is an acceptable response to your post.

You technically, were the one to violate policy when you then attacked the other poster for their post. In the future, if you have an issue with someone’s post, report it or ignore them. Calling them names and telling them to delete their post isn’t advisable.

Please stop creating new threads to continue this discussion.

16 Likes