Older player LF home with like-minded friends

The upcoming launch of WotLK Classic has had me thinking a lot lately about how I miss being a participant in a guild. It has been a number of years since I’ve been a part of one, and that gets lonely for sure.

I’m 'round-about 40 now so I don’t often mesh well with a young(er) contingent. I started playing back toward the tail end of vanilla, did the whole hardcore raiding thing in TBC, a bit more casual raiding in WotLK, and then not much at all since. (I wouldn’t be opposed to trying a casual approach again with the right group.) I’ve not really done much of anything as far as Mythic+ goes simply because I’m not about to subject myself to the potential toxicity of random pug groups. LOL (… but again, I would love to try them with the right group.) I’m an altoholic with tons of characters. I love collecting and achievements.

I’ve seen ads for guilds of older players on other servers, but I’ve been on MG a long time and I don’t really want to leave. I’m hoping I have a chance of finding the right home here. :two_hearts:

Don’t get me wrong, I understand why an RP server is predominately RP guilds. :wink:

TL;DR - LF an active casual/social guild of older players (or at least a more mature mentality) who actually play the game to have fun and enjoy each other’s company. Maybe a bit of casual raiding/Mythic+ without toxicity.

If such a guild perhaps cannot be currently found on MG and you’re someone who is interested in creating one - perhaps we can talk. I’m open. Let me know!

Here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Honestly, a lot of RP guilds are cross purpose: You even have the option to be an OOC member in a lot of them!

I won’t promise a lot of good progression: MG is not exactly a server known for that particular thing, but you can likely find a guild to hang out with and do some runs with!

1 Like

Definitely. I’m not opposed to an RP guild at all so long as they don’t mind OOC members - but my above desired atmosphere still applies and that is what I’m having trouble with finding.

… and definitely not looking for progression, so that’s fine with me. I’ve spent enough time on WrA and MG to know that if you’re looking for a higher end play like that, you’re not going to want to be on an RP server. In fact, that is one of the reasons that RP servers, imo, have a much more pleasant atmosphere overall. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I just made a guild and Discord community a few days ago. The purpose is to be a friendly, nontoxic, environment. We focus on doing m+ (so far, plans to raid in DF if we grow large enough). Skill or past experience isn’t a problem. Anyone is free to join as long as you have a good attitude.

I am 38. My bestie irl and officer of the guild is 36. We have a few Discord members in their late 20s, but most are over 30 as well.

You can join our Discord and test it out before committing if you want. I won’t be on today, I’m spending time with family, but I’ll be on tomorrow and most of the weekend. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or interest. If not, good luck in your search!

2 Likes

While I can’t point a direction, I can certainly wish you luck, youngling. :smile:

1 Like

While most guilds here are primarily RP guilds as you said, a lot of them still PvE too and will take OOC / social members. Most of the guilds i’ve raided with here are advertised as RP guilds!

1 Like