"Old World" content scaling frustration

Haven’t played WoW since 2012. ShadowLands announcement & subsequent info about it brought us back to WoW. We’ve been playing for about 3 weeks now, have not reached the SLs content yet, but getting there has been painful, esp trying to complete pre-SL content, which is kinda where we are at. Everything scales to our level, as we level, in most cases beyond what we can handle esp dungeons & elite quests.

We get the “squished” concept, it had to happen I guess from what I’ve read here, as well as on other social media sites. But the hideous scaling imbalances are literally killing us and our desire to continue on in the game.

Now, before all the griefers, glurkers, geeks and grunthuggers harangue my comments, I know we are not alone in this and not sure if any comment from us is really going to matter, but it is a genuine concern. Just to be clear, this is not an issue with player power scaling, it is, as Ion phrased it,

There is a modifier they use for old content that scales your power based on the age of the content and your level. That appears to be bugged, clearly, if people are struggling to solo old content.

(from forum post Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA - #292 by Shypanda-ysera).

Threats are stupid and our $29.98 is meaningless in the vast Blizzard ocean, so, we hope this is resolved to the mutual benefit of both Bliz and players, otherwise we can’t, in good faith and enjoyment, continue playing.