Old subforum stickies?

The subforum stickies which were pinned then locked, weren’t carried over.

As a result, the New Player forum is already seeing recruitment threads, which were previously not permitted.
Are they now permitted?
And if not, how do we go about getting the stickies back?

…there were also a bunch of useful guides which haven’t carried over.
Is there any way to get these back?

1 Like

Please make a list of the useful ones with the links and Vrak, Glax, or Kalv can work on trying to get them moved over. Just post it in this thread. Rules for the forum have not changed, but of course we can’t put notes in reports anymore to say that :frowning:

1 Like

some of the threads will need updating, due to outdated links.

eg: the “RAF & Recruitment doesn’t belong here” thread contains several outdated links, so it would need a little reworking:

The “terms and abbreviations” thread seems mostly ok

The “Giving back” thread seems to have been abandoned, last updated by author 2 years ago, and there are a lot of volunteers who are now shadows.

There are other misc stickies, but many seem to have just become clutter.

It would be great if one of the mods could take a look and make a judgement call on which of the old stickies are suitable to be carried over.
Please and thankyou :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering about this too. Someone who’s willing to commit themselves for at least a couple years might could take over maintaining some of the New Player stickies, I know there were a lot of off-topic replies to weed out of both the “Giving Back” and “Newb-Friendly Guild” threads (mostly people treating it like Tinder), and the Return to WoW guide was grossly outdated.

Freyja appears to still be actively updating “Frequent Questions” for BfA: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/969747135

What about those “welcome” threads that include the CoC? I’m guessing they’re probably already on the to-do list. Do you want links here for all sub-forum stickies that can be considered, or just the New Player forum?

Are there any plans to extend the reporting feature – i.e. has it been brought to someone’s attention that there are other more benign reasons for reporting a post, such as needing to be moved or (eventually) thread necro, or requesting the thread to be pinned?

And since I’m here, I’ve also been curious about needing an active sub to post in the Returning Player forum, if that was an oversight like the New Player forum, or an intentional change.

The old sticky List of New Player Friendly Guilds was also a popular reference that is no longer a sticky.

It’s being worked on with the NPHG regs. Stand by…