Old Mounts

What they mean is… They don’t want noobs to complain they didn’t get to 60 in time to get their unarmored mounts. This is how we got retail to where its at already. Catering to casuals. This is just the start.

2 Likes

Just like when we asked for classic to be made for years and their response was “you think you do but you dont”… yep we should all just give up asking for things because of the first response given.

Also… both of the threads were created in RESPONSE to the dev interview… not beforehand… none of us even questioned whether or not these mounts would be in game… we assumed they would be considering it is a “recreation of vanilla wow”

Also Blizz could make the alternate skins available indefinitely if they specifically wanted to stop them from being a time limited item. If you want to say that’s not authentic, then neither is not seeing any of them because they were both available - present and even acquirable up to 1.12 as the mount items were BOE at the time.

2 Likes

Ok the big difference here being that you don’t HAVE to rush to get the lvl 60 epic mount. You can level up your gnome warrior over the course of 3 years and still get the same reward as those who hit lvl 60 in a week. With unarmored mounts, that poor gnome warrior who took his time would never be given the reward of an unarmored mount.

BTW everyone, I never said I was for or against the unarmored mounts. I’m only stating what Blizz has officially said to answer some questions

My pally gets an armored mount free, just takes 2 months to gather the mats and the right group of adventurers to help you get it.

Enjoy that armored mount

So make the mounts an alternate skin that’s indefinitely purchaseable. Or realize that classic has never been about the participation trophy.

1 Like

Alright then lets make a riot just like everyone did with layering until they do what we want…oh wait…

That should be something decided by the player himself and not by the developer.

1 Like

If Billy the Gnome can’t get to 60 that’s too bad. We can’t pass the ball to everyone

1 Like

imagine catering to casuals

1 Like

imagine catering to neckbeards

Gelknar is a secret agent for blizz

1 Like

imagine creating content for your game and being impartial to who will be able to and who will not be able to complete that content… sounds kinda like how vanilla wow was designed…

1 Like

Literally the donut philosophy that spawned this game lmao.

1 Like

exactly, its about what “you” put into it.

Is that why everyone hates me?

from what you’ve said so far… your gameplay ideology is antithetical to the philosophy of vanilla wow.

You are the only one arguing this thread, we don’t hate you.

1 Like

Going to have to rephrase that for me. Still working on my degree.
But in answer to “what [I’ve] said so far,” I’m only spitting out what blizzard has already said. I’m not defending Blizz like everyone thinks I am. I don’t have an opinion on unarmorded mounts. Im just providing a different view point from the “Blizz sucks nuts because vanilla isn’t exactly how it was in 2004”
Blizzard is making Classic WoW. Not Vanilla WoW remastered.