Old models & animations

I know this may sound a bit weird to many, but I really miss having the old character models & running animations. Anyone else miss having those in retail? I just dislike the bouncy running animations, and the cloak physics that would clip through your weapon or shield.

7 Likes

The newer belts bug me as they clip through my enormous thighs

1 Like

I like the current models.

I have a hard time dealing with my classic charas as is. Granted I am trying but not succeeding in recalling how Old BE actually worked before the change. I just know I was highly anticipating the new models for Blood Elves.

2 Likes

The new models look good, It’s mostly the animations I dont like as much.

I personally prefer the OG models because while the graphics are nothing to write home about, I felt that the artstyle was timeless.

I’m okay with the style… but I can tell that the old models don’t well… use a lot of moving parts. There is a good deal of stretching here and there to mimic certain things. And it is that… that drives me up the wall. I don’t understand why, but it does.

That said… I’m not too much in love with the current casting animations. The old ways were better before… was it Legion or was it BFA?

Speaking of art style’s gone. I miss old Arcane Missile. Oo Those felt/looked like missiles!

1 Like

For me it depends by race.

Night elves and gnomes, I feel the older models looked better. I feel like they ‘sharpened’ the models for them too much.

As to the other races I do like the way they look in retail.

2 Likes

Well, you’re in luck. They made a whole version of the game just for you.

5 Likes

I’m actually just thinking the exact opposite end of the scale, I’m ready for more next gen stuff. Less bodypaint armor. flowing open longcoats and robes and capes and stuff.

3 Likes

The only animation I miss is the female orc run. They used to have a lovely hip swing that would rival the spacegoats. Now they run like male humans complete with stick up the butt.

1 Like

the forums are for discussing

This forum is for discussing modern (or retail) World of Warcraft, not WoW Classic.

Source.

2 Likes

This is why the old models won’t come back though. Specifically because of the melee animations Legion brought in in the beginning, and then the caster ones after. The old models simply can’t do it. And wanting to redo every single old model’s bones / animation limits would be a big hassle.

I honestly love the new animations and cast animations. I wouldn’t go back for anything.

1 Like

Not one darn bit. I like the polish on the new models. Especially when it comes to hair. God, the hair in Classic is horrid.

1 Like

I personally think the hair in classic is waaaay better than what it currently is. Have you seen how goofy humans look with their new hair models? They only suit a few now.

1 Like

I’m talking about old animations that were in retail, and then removed. I am discussing old models being an option. How is talking about old animations not at all related to retail wow?

no… please … can we not go back… just please stop with these threads… The reason I cant get past 22 in classic is because my tolerance for old models and animations just reached its limit.