Okay Blizzard it’s time to stop listening to us, thank you!

Loot tables were a true vanilla question.

They answered it and fixed it.

You’re wrong.

Period. End of discussion.

What’s this “progressive loot tables” stuff? They are not doing progressive loot tables.

They are omitting loot that was not present during each of the 6 stages. The gear will be the 1.12 version. Not the “progressive” version based on the patch for the 6 stages.

For the sake of stopping pointless argument with you, because its clear you’re so convinced of your own self-righteousness and infallibility, while failing to understand the basic difference between what is Vanilla and what is Classic, I’m going to stop arguing. Not a concession, just… watching the AXS promo video is more interesting than repeating myself ad nauseum.

Pre-1.10 they are doing pre-1.10 drop rate tables, then switching to the 1.12 drop rate tables in CP5.

You are confusing this with itemization. That’s not what I’m talking about.

It’s not me being self righteous or anything you’re just wrong. And that’s okay.

As in drop rates? Isn’t that something that would be expected?

Confusing? Na, when anyone uses the term “progressive” in the context of vanilla and Classic it’s in the context of moving through the patches. Loot tables and drop rates are very different terms. If there is any confusion it’s the usage.

Either way. Got a link where Blizzard is describing drop rates because this thread isn’t it.

Drop rates are a database centric value. Therefore as part of the whole “we only have 1.12 data” you’d expect them to use the 1.12 drop rate the entire time. However, they apparently got item drop rate table data from pre-1.10 (when there was a big overhaul) and they’re going to use those for the first 4 Content Patches to help with the progressive item release and the rate at which items are obtained.

Here you go.

1 Like

I have seen this comment from posters many times but I have yet to see the Blizzard reference. I don’t think they have ever said such a thing.

Specially when you take this statement into account:

There’s more to drop rates than just when they appeared on the table though. Ironfoe with a 1% drop rate is far different to Ironfoe with a 5% drop rate. The ‘catchup mechanisms’ that mid/late Vanilla included affected drop rates of significant items that would allow you to be more lenient on MC drops.

Ok, so I would have expected them to keep drop rates on par for each phase. Must have skimmed over that part or it didn’t register that they would only do a pre-1.10 and 1.12 stage for loot drops.

Not really much of a difference considering the post says earlier patches don’t have a big effect.

They don’t have the 1.2 drop tables or the 1.4 drop tables etc. Apparently they were lucky to have a partial pre-1.10 backup, as that’s when the major overhaul happened.

OK, sure, but I what does that have to do with Blizzard stating they scoured through the vendor lists and treasure tables for items added in patches. As in they have all the patches to look at them.

I mean… it is progressive though.

Because the “When an item appeared” data is easily sourced because its public knowledge. True drop rates were like ICDs and proc rates. Only something Blizzard knew for sure.

Have a look at https://itemization.info for when things appeared.

Ok, I will have a look but go ahead and have a look at Blizzard’s own words in that quote saying they looked through all the patches. As in, that link you posted isn’t what they are looking at.

They looked at many external sites to reconstruct the “when” stuff. I think it was the Developer Interviews video where Brian mentioned that.

So the quote I just posted means nothing. Gotcha.

The bit about scouring patches, not directly. Only in the context of looking at what patch stuff was added in, using both their own patchy data sources and external data sources.

You are expecting me to accept that Blizzard has outsourced their data collection to 3rd party captures of the data.

The Blizzard statements I have seen do not reflect your belief. Unless you have some formal acknowledgement from Blizzard. I will stand by my belief that Blizzard still has their data.