OK That does it! Layering needs to go!

So you would rather people take even longer and push more people to do the dungeon meta instead of questing then?

As much as I hate layering. People are not thinking logically. Can you imagine what realms like Herod, Stalagg etc. Would be like without layering in some way or another? It would be like Manhattan on New Years Eve when the ball drops. I hate layering and want it gone also but at this time, itā€™s the best choice we got. But I believe anyone abusing layering should be banned.

We arenā€™t allowed to tell you, but a bit of googling will get u the answer pretty fast. It involves switching groups while in an instance.

Sigh this isnā€™t hard, layering allows more people to play per server.

Take a server with say 20,000 people online because of layering. Remove layering, something like 16500 of them are now in a queue.

2 Likes

No, this is absolutely false. Remove layering and those 20k people would all be fighting for the same 10 mobs. Yes that would suck, and is the reason why we have layering, but once again.
Layering . . . has NOTHING . . . to do with server cap.

1 Like

So basically you just want a terrible experience for everyone?

Are you talking to me? If so please quote me where I said if I wanted layering or not. The only thing I said remotely close to this was:

In which case I said I understood the reasoning for layering, and I stated what would happen if we didnā€™t have layering.

The only reason I chimed in on this thread was to correct misinformation about layering and queue times.

You think that is a problem? I donā€™t. I think thatā€™s exactly what needs to happen.

So if you understand why layering exists why do you want it removed?

But there is no way they remove layeting without adjusting server cap.

Therefore, layering affects que times.

Sigh, once again reading comprehension fails with most people. Please show me where I said I want it removed or want it to stay.

Then why are you spreading misinformation about layering and queue time in a way that makes it seem like layering could be removed with no consequences?

I am baffled about the situation Blizzard claims to be in regarding needing layering. Isnā€™t server costs and server performance several generations better than 2004 era?

Something just doesnā€™t sound right other than severe penny penching and cost cutting.

Iā€™m not the one spreading misinformation. That would be those that state more layers = higher server cap. Which is false.

Again with the lack of reading comprehension.

I can keep going if you want more beatings, or you could just stop and understand that you need to work on reading and understanding what people write.

Not sure what is hard to understand about this, the zones are designed around maybe 3.5k ish people online.

The only reason the server cap is so large is because of layers, when layers are removed in p2 the server cap will be reduced too. It was done this way so we wouldnā€™t have dead realms once player interest wanes.

The game physically canā€™t handle that many people together or it completely lags out or crashes, this happened loads on beta when everyone joined 1 layer.

1 Like

Correct, they are designed that way because of the technological limits at the time of zone/game creation. Iā€™m not arguing that point. Iā€™m simply correcting misinformation regarding 1 simple subject matter. People can make up their own mind if they are for or against layering. I donā€™t care about that. I just care about people having the correct information to base their opinions on.

I support this. Letā€™s get this thread to 2k views.

I was on that layer in the beta and the lag was fine. I didnā€™t have any mobs to kill though due to the sheer number of players in 1 location.

The zone crashed for everyone in it, including me and the people streaming. It isnā€™t fine.