OK That does it! Layering needs to go!

So if you understand why layering exists why do you want it removed?

But there is no way they remove layeting without adjusting server cap.

Therefore, layering affects que times.

Sigh, once again reading comprehension fails with most people. Please show me where I said I want it removed or want it to stay.

Then why are you spreading misinformation about layering and queue time in a way that makes it seem like layering could be removed with no consequences?

I am baffled about the situation Blizzard claims to be in regarding needing layering. Isn’t server costs and server performance several generations better than 2004 era?

Something just doesn’t sound right other than severe penny penching and cost cutting.

I’m not the one spreading misinformation. That would be those that state more layers = higher server cap. Which is false.

Again with the lack of reading comprehension.

I can keep going if you want more beatings, or you could just stop and understand that you need to work on reading and understanding what people write.

Not sure what is hard to understand about this, the zones are designed around maybe 3.5k ish people online.

The only reason the server cap is so large is because of layers, when layers are removed in p2 the server cap will be reduced too. It was done this way so we wouldn’t have dead realms once player interest wanes.

The game physically can’t handle that many people together or it completely lags out or crashes, this happened loads on beta when everyone joined 1 layer.

1 Like

Correct, they are designed that way because of the technological limits at the time of zone/game creation. I’m not arguing that point. I’m simply correcting misinformation regarding 1 simple subject matter. People can make up their own mind if they are for or against layering. I don’t care about that. I just care about people having the correct information to base their opinions on.

I support this. Let’s get this thread to 2k views.

I was on that layer in the beta and the lag was fine. I didn’t have any mobs to kill though due to the sheer number of players in 1 location.

The zone crashed for everyone in it, including me and the people streaming. It isn’t fine.

The game crashed multiple times on release of classic even with however many layers it had on those first few days. Having more layers didn’t help the crashing.

I also simply stated the lag was fine. I didn’t mention anything about the crashing. Yes, the game crashed a lot in the beta, but guess what. The game crashed a lot when it went live too.

1. There was lag, there was 10+ second delay, you weren’t in the area if you claim there was no lag.

2. Layering absolutely reduces the amount of crashing, if you crammed 10x the people we had at launch into those zones the game literally wouldn’t be able to function, it’s not an opinion it’s a fact because we tried to do it, hence the zone lagged out and crashed.

Heres a completely seperate instance of this happening on live servers with less than we had on beta, this is what happens, the servers can’t handle it, end of story.

So you either remove layering abruptly and have 10x more people in every area, lagging and crashing zones, or lower the server cap and increase the queues by tenfold.

1 Like

“I’m super serial guys, this is the LAST straw!”

What makes you think they won’t reduce the player limit, when there are no layers, to keep the game playable?

Layering absolutely affects queue time and here is a link to a post directly from a blue:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/overcrowded-realm-update/255835

“Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.”

1 Like

Ok, so provided everyone is ok with “Mega severs” then yes layering has no influence on the queue times. But i thought the layer caps were designed around where they wanted the player cap for each server to be post-layering. I dont have the source on hand so just ignore this if there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

I guess i dont mind the idea of Mega servers, but there are a bunch of pros and cons that come with them. Personally i dont think blizzard will go that route, but i wouldnt be disappointed either way.

1 Like

I really wish they would just remove layering.

You would be right IF blizzard allowed that many people to be on a server at once with no layering aka “one layer”. They are not allowing that to happen because the game and it’s systems were not designed for that much larger number of people.

Since blizzard has said that a layer represents what a vanilla server could handle (iirc ~3000 people) the layering system allows more people to be on the server than ‘normal’, which reduces the queues

It’s literally the point of the system.