Ok, but put the old starting gear on a vendor

The new starting sets look nice (even if it makes no sense to start every race in human-looking gear) but don’t make the old race specific starting gear unable to be obtained. There are vendors in the starting areas or in the first town / stop outside of start areas. Put the old items (or new items that look like the old items) on those vendors. It’s not hard. Better yet, makes these new items that look like the old items cosmetic so we can finally use all of them for mogging.

Speaking of mogging, so far it appear the new starter sets aren’t moggable. Can you please change that. The plate set in particular is one I’d like to use for mogging on my paladin. Just seems weird to put in the effort to make these new set and not let us use them for mogging.

5 Likes

I like the rogue, cloth and plate sets they seem reasonable and in the case of the rogue and warlock items very vanilla which is a good idea, taking designs we already have and improving on them without anything crazy.

Hunter and shaman suck but besides that I hope quest rewards are altered visually too in low level areas, cata era quest reward are very ugly.

They look pretty good. But too human centered imo. I think giving equal importance to every race on a faction is due and the humans take a lot of spotlight (Due to the Orc vs Human theme).

Not that these sets are a problem, though.

Would I, as a Priest, be able to mog the Warlock one? Because Shadow Priest is more leaning to that color than the Holy version.

I really don’t get the thinking behind making all the races start with the same armor instead of the race themed armor we have now. Why dumb it down? Also don’t get deleting all the gear we currently have. Let’s dress all new characters like a human is such a weird take.

1 Like

Same white gear, completely changed to look like Human gear… on both factions.

Of all the things to do…

And they still won’t release the recolors of heritage armor that are currently in the game files.

2 Likes

It’s typical Blizzard fashion.

“How can we implement positive change in a manner that will still somehow be limiting and frustrating?”

3 Likes

2 Likes

I wrote this on the other thread on this change and thought I would share my thoughts here as well:

The least they could do is make the stuff transmoggable before they implement such a stupid change.

3 Likes

Always something new for someone to get up-in-arms about. Make an alt, save the old starting gear in the bank if you want to keep it, not that difficult to do.

Let us Mog ALL the things!

2 Likes

Blizz could just stick them all in our wardrobe.

Cross-faction play confirmed thicc orc bois adopt human fashion as a gesture of peace

Why should I have to do that when there was no good reason for them to do this?

And it wouldn’t just be one character, it would be a :poop:ton just to get every piece.