Oh well we trie

That’s game, set, match right there.

I didn’t think you’d use the nuclear option on me but there you have it.

Lol. Well played.

1 Like

calm down
we’re all friends here

unless your name is bepples

3 Likes

Bepples would be the right kind of friend to have in this class, though.

Edit: And now I’m really paying the price saying this. I should delete this, but I want everyone else to know I fell for it. A friendship with Bepples is a mistake, particularly for the commoner.

3 Likes

no one needs a belligerently pedantic vainglorious manchild in their friend group

2 Likes

Not a kind thing to say. That could be true, but I’m not sure anyone cares about the Hunter class like he does, self-evident in his highway mileage here.

As much as I appreciate you for trying to defend the Bepples war machine, the man has more hateful things to say then most. Please reconsider your opinion.

2 Likes

I know he hates MSV. He hates how Blizzard did such. I was more tolerant of MSV but also hated it because it failed to be a good melee like the other melee specs. It’s really nothing more than a failed project for my take. Not unlike Project Titan(which was going to be a new MMO), MSV should be scrapped.

Im sorry you think that! I don’t. I think that with some work survival can become a strong and fun to play melee and MM can be given some of the older functioning talents that made the old ranged survival fun.

Agree to disagree.

1 Like

So why hasn’t this happened yet? SV needs a LOT of work, and I’m not all jazzed about this weird gene-spliced experiment of post-Leg MM anyway.

The water is lukewarm; it should either be hot or cold.

Likely for the some of the same reasons BM’s lackluster talent tree (and the base hunter tree for that matter) hasn’t been touched for the entirety of 10.x.

Please refer to this post to understand what I mean, as I include a post with data as well as notation for specific problems with the survival/BM/Base trees.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hunter-suggestions-for-102-and-beyond/1621018

I only bust it out when I really gotta flex on these boards.

1 Like

It should be scrapped because it doesn’t have a mandatory unique raid buff or utility like other mdps? seems a bit dramatic bud

1 Like

That’s our community.

You complain about Bepples, yet with out them most of these posts would have been over in just a few replies.

You need them to feed back into the forums that way you can all have a common problem to group up on. Their hate is what sustains these forums.

2 Likes

The problem with arguments like these is that they fail to address the main point of what those who want RSV back want. Adding in some of the old RSV abilities and elements into MM will not give us a suitable modern version of old SV to play with. It will still be MM, but more watered down, and with a few old SV abilities and elements now included.

In short, the more SV elements you add to MM, the less room you have to explore the main theme and fantasy of MM itself. And within reason, adding the old SV elements also won’t allow for a proper exploration of what old SV could be in the current game, especially since it would be fighting for space with current MM.

1 Like

They have tried to build SV through MM already, and it doesn’t capture SV. MM is designed around non-movement with high quick damage. SV is designed to burn down a target while freely moving to avoid damage.

One play-style is killing with quick hard hits. Other is maintaining DoTs and moving away from damage.

It shows that the designer never actually played either spec before they redesigned them.

1 Like

RSV having this design would completely stomp all over BM’s design of “burning down a target while moving freely”. Ranged DPS need a drawback.

MM is currently missing a main theme or fantasy. It’s got wind arrows, it’s got arrow types, its got long cast time aimed shots, it’s got a rapid fire shot ability, it’s got banshee magic, etc

1 Like

Being melee is SV draw back. Instead of having distance between you and a enemy. Survival Hunter is forced to take all the damage up front.

It is a melee spec that still designed like a hunter.

Huh? I thought people were talking about the hypothetical RSV. My bad!

I commenting on how Blizzard took RSV and tried to push into another spec that doesn’t have the same play-style.

Than tried to design a melee spec from a class that was designed to avoid being up in the middle of the fight.

Range Survival had a theme and if flushed out with enough thought it could have stayed. However, Blizzard has shown that Hunters are not on their list of important classes, and just thought melee would be enough of a change.

They didn’t get past that thought and needed to flush out Survival Hunters for melee combat. More CC and defensive abilities. If you call it Survival than it should be the beefed up spec.

1 Like