Oh god please remove 30 instance cap :P

I really would like to avoid having a miserable level-up experience when TBC Classic launches. Please let my guildies and I dungeon grind to our heart’s content. Doing 5 man dungeons is core fun; trying to fight through lag of 10000000 layers and competing with the entire server that is being dumped into a quest zone isn’t by any of my definitions “fun”.

10 Likes

How do you think the server is going to handle having 98% of the players in instances on launch week? Do you think there’ll be major lag and disconnects? I’d count on it.
Good luck reaching the 30 cap in a day. You’ll need it.

4 Likes

They have said they are thinking about changing it for BC.

It wouldn’t effect me personally, but I think it would be cool for them to up the number, at least for release.

That’s entirely besides the point.

Not really. Increase the cap… for what? Because you just think they should?

1 Like

So we can run as many instances as we want for as long as we want. Maybe they can remove the cap for the first 3-4 weeks of the TBC Classic release, then re-implement it. That ideally should be enough time for populations to migrate and allow “normal” questing to take place. More or less.

Because it’s a stupid effort to stop botting that didn’t work.

4 Likes

Because we need the rep… and why not get rep and xp at the same time?

1 Like

True, but they’re probably going to turn on Layering. I think that was said in their Q&A :thinking:

Hey if you all can smash out 30+ instances a day, then go for it. I understand. All i’m saying is that on launch week, especially launch day, dont be expecting 30 instances. Expect massive lag and instance server issues. I’d even take a guess and say that you may find people in instances getting dc’d and people outside grinding and questing to still be logged on.
Just saying being in instances wont go smoothly. At all.

honestly good luck reaching the 30 cap without that, i think people are misremembering how quick tbc dungeons are. they aren’t hard, but they aren’t fast.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhrB1gUhPM4

:slight_smile: following this exactly

That’s a really good video. I think a lot of players will try to follow that. Means more people to team up with to reach that goal.

I plan to live in dungeons and only come out at 68 to do the kara attune.

Then back in until 70!

1 Like

That will also be my plan. That’ll also make us a ton of gold in quests we can go back and do after.

1 Like

Yup, gotta get that gold and run the lower level dungeons till honored.

Run the 70 dungeons for revered.

I need exalted honor hold for my hunters epic gun

30 dungeons in a day is a LOT for a day, I’m sure it’ll be fine. Hell it might even save some sweaty lives from dehydration and blood clots lol

6 Likes

Didn’t save me from my current one (DVT)!!

2 Likes

No, its not really, if you have a good, Singularly Focused group. :wink:

I think the real solution is to introduce a ton of layers so people can do quest content if they’d like. Sure lifting the cap would be nice, but that still leaves the problem for people that can’t easily get a group. Even if you have a group of friends, if you aren’t all on the same schedule you might miss the boat and all the tanks and healers already have groups when you log in.