Ogres for horde, Furbolgs for alliance

Pretty sure the Arrakoa helped the Horde as much in Outland. Besides, if the Arrakoa were to pal around with any race, I feel like it’d be the Blood Elves. Lot’s of sun thematic overlap, love of fire birds, etc…

Where the Saberon are concerned, given the Orc’s history of hunting them down and killing them to use their hearts as reagents for various rituals, pretty sure they wouldn’t be keen on allying with the Orcs. I mean, at the end of the Mag’har scenario, it’s not like they’re walking into Orgrimmar, those bad boys are fleeing for their lives into the hills to get away from them.

I still think these were supposed to be called Furblogs, and they mistakenly transposed two letters.

The silly creature wanted my soul. At least it’s not like our natural predator. :robot::sweat_drops:

1 Like

In the novels about the Second war, the Arakkoa were pretty much being hunted by the orcs at the time and were only saved due to the Alliance. But given they’re a sun worshipping culture who’s big into the Light but also shadow, big into certain technology, we have a race on the Alliance who’d vibe with 'em: The Draenei. And Void Elves for the more, shadow-y stuff

Saberon’s main enemies seem to be arakkoa and the ogres more than the orcs, the only real interactions between the two I remember are the Shattered Hand. But, well, the Shattered Hand kind of went after everyone in those quests

Derives from Fir Bolg, one of the mythic settlers of Ireland who were overthrown by the Tuatha de Danann, who were… Probably gods.

Fir Bolg became Firbolg in D&D which became Furbolg in Warcraft

I think it was supposed to be Furblog.

Rather get Mok’nathal and High Elves.

2 Likes

That ship has more or less sailed at this point.

If you’re going to pair anything with Mok’Nathal, it should be Half-Elves, but I’m pretty sure the Dracthyr Visage form is from scrapped Half-Elf Allied Race assets.

1 Like

Half-Elves have no culture at all, they just stable themselves to human or high elf culture. High Elves shouldn’t be sidelined yet again for a wannabe.

You’re kind of on the reason why we’re not going to get High Elves. VElves kind of, ate that entire possibility right up

I’ll also mention that somehow, SOMEHOW, we still don’t have a playable race with that sort of “dumb yet loveable oaf” energy, a la characters like Kronk from The Emperor’s New Groove and Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2, and that’s incredibly bizarre to me since that’s, like, one of the most famous archetypes.

1 Like

Wow I really read the title of this post wrong lol.

Furbolg and Ogre’s have been part of the alliance and horde respectfully in lore since vanilla.

2 Likes

Ogres are just slightly fatter Kul’Tirans and they are barely played.
Sethrak, please.

1 Like

You want 10% taller orcs and void elves without the void racial?

Do void elves have culture? We’re playing races not culture.

Realistically, the moment High Elf customization was added to Void Elves, was the moment High Elves as their own Allied/Core race was off the table. Unless Blizzard actually went to the trouble of adjusting their models (which I don’t see them doing), Void Elves are the currently intended way for Alliance players to immerse themselves as High Elves.

Also, to be clear, I don’t expect we’d get Half-Elves, either. The Dracthyr Visage form looks like a cut Half-Elf Allied Race, with added draconic features.

Ogres and Mok’Nathal are both options players have absolutely no means of immersing themselves as in WoW. It’s just a shame their most obvious counterparts (High Elves and Half-Elves) have already been made playable through other races’ customizations.

Ogres, yes. Not Furbolgs though. Most were just hostile mobs in Vanilla. In BC there is a friendly tribe on the Draenei isles, but they didn’t join the Alliance.

Void Elves are former Blood Elves.

That’s twice removed.

We want no removed High Elves.

1 Like

It would be so funny if they introduced ogres because people have been begging for them for years, but only like 2% of the playerbase will actually make one

They’re ugly, and not in the same way much of the Horde is (or maybe was); they’re not going to appeal to most players; their size is too much.

All that said, I hope they introduce them just so that people will shut up and we can stop pretending they’d be popular.

That boat sailed a long time ago.

Perhaps we’d still have a Horde-themed Horde with Ogres, and an Alliance with High Elves instead of Blood Elves, in some kind of alternative timeline.

I think it’s a bit funny Blizzard did everything in their power to NOT give these staple races to their factions, despite showing us them in the earlier RTS games.

Elves on the Horde was a decision they made at the time, because the Horde was falling population-wise, due to “ugly races” lol.

2 Likes

the alliance starter quests are all genocide against the furbolgs.

go look at darkshore and ashenvale quests… “furry things have moved down the street. wipe them out and i’ll give you 1g. and these gloves”

Eh, Furbolgs are not high on the list of races I’d prefer to see for the Alliance.

I’d rather see Ethereals for Alliance first. Void elves are working with a faction of Ethereals led by Locus-Walker.

After that, I would prefer to see Ankoan/Jinyu. Both of these races should be rolled into one with customization options for both, ideally. No need for them to be separate, discrete races.

After that, sure, add furbolgs to Alliance.

Ogres are never happening for Horde. Forget it. Ogres are too big, and tiny ogres would defeat the point of ogres. It’s like asking for Dragons to be playable because Horde had units for them in WC2. Stop.

However, I could see Mok’nathal as a race for Horde, using models similar to Rexxar’s new one. They’d be about as big as Tauren.