Official Tracking Leaderboard- Collections

For the entirety of WoW the method of tracking everything from mount acquisition, pets, transmogs on source ID, manuscripts to soulshapes, and everything in between has been outsourced to a variety of fan websites.

wowprogress, guildox, dataforazeroth, wowthing.org is another that is becoming prominent. These all track the world wide rankings of players that are looking for game completion of aspects of the game some don’t even realize are tracked.

The entire collecting community, without pause to think of one specific person, would deny they would love to have an official website on Blizzards end that values the stat weights for overall completion of all items homogenized* that all players accept as final.

The most popular tracking website currently is dataforazeroth. Shoogen, who created the stat weights that value what everything is worth, doesn’t give an accurate account of who is in what place world for certain collections.

By Blizzard owning the upkeep fo the site. This would allow for direct data requests to be allocated at what ever Blizzard set. Instead of many sites being throttled, at times for hours or days during DDOS or other events.

To be extremely clear. The vast opinions of the community would love trackings for everything collectable set of sources.

Pets.
Mounts
Transmog
Manuscripts
Soulshapes
Honorable Kills
Honor Level
Recipes
Quests
Titles
Reputations
Achievements
Hierlooms
Illusions

Some of the other hyper nerds would love HQTs (Hidden Quest Triggers)

6 Likes

Official leaderboards would be pretty cool, Im just going to toss in, a possibly easier alternative to implement would just be more API’s and improvements to current ones
I don’t know a ton about the mythic+ and Mythic Raid ones, but I know they exist.
The perhaps the ability to request the leaderboard for these categories?

Another (I think even easier option) would be some improvements to the current API’s

Currently some of the categories Recon mentioned are incredibly difficult or impossible to track with the current API’s
-Transmog, we currently can only get the total count for an account for all mogs,
-Illusions, I dont think there is any way at all to check these
-Manuscripts, some soulshapes, and quests, are all bound to the quest API and achievement problems

quest achievement: there have been attempts to use this achievement data for a leaderboard, but it didn’t go well, the calculation of this criteria is just so wildly inaccurate for unknown reasons, even after the recent update to exclude tracker quests from counting, the count returns quite a bit lower than it should.

Quest API: I made a separate post on this topic but the gamedata Quest API currently is missing about half of all questID’s, including probably over 90% of tracker quests, and also lots of old disabled quests, this on its own is a shame, but the more important problem is that any quest that is missing from the gamedata quest API, also wont return as part of the profile completed quest list API,
For those who don’t know, many things like manuscripts are tracked by hidden tracker quests, which are all missing from the API, if this was fixed, community tools could do things like manuscript collection tracking, holiday loot lockout tracking, what treasures have been looted etc

1 Like