Official Oceanic Fresh Request

Have you ever heard of new players?

Returning players?

People that don’t like / didn’t play TBC?

People keen for a fresh start?

These people exist.

6 Likes

What’s your point none of these players will have any fun once they realize post launch that there’s only 10 tanks on the server, hope you guys have guild tanks who don’t sleep!

Dude there are literally thousands of us that have been waiting by the sidelines since Blizz led us to believe we were ‘getting a Fresh server for every region’.

Not every server needs to be a mega-server.

8 Likes

Who are you quoting your 6th server tank? Look at the blue post again. Blizzard covers all their bases and never promises anything that will burn them later such as “fresh for every region”

Quote:

" Fresh Servers

Finally, it was said that the goal would be “as few servers as possible” with at least one per region in order to limit the chances that fresh servers turns into single faction servers."

Again, “at least one per region”

3 Likes

Here I will link you the blue post since you keep quoting fiction

Blizzard doesn’t consider us a region KEKLOL

blizzard support website under regions

You are low IQ

When WoW classic came out, the servers were so heavily populated they rushed to launch new servers. Those servers are dead now.

Please elaborate on how you think WoTLK wouldn’t have been the same.
Keep in mind WoTLK had a larger playerbase than classic & many people first started playing WoW in WoTLK.

You are just using a strawman point.

But to carry on from your strawman argument, why don’t they merge the dead servers that are still up? there are many. Why are they not utilising that infrastructure to convert those into a single WoTLK server?

As soon as they launch a single OCE WoTLK server, it’ll be spammed with people trying to get on & will have queues for hours. I remember 8 hour queues at a point with WoW classic.

So wtf are you talking about :)?

1 Like

Are you seriously this thick?

You linking a different post does not take away from the fact that ‘one server per region’ has been said.

We all know Warriors are knuckle draggers

Didn’t say there wasn’t a population you guys just don’t get it. It’s very simple and posted all over this forum and this post. Your population is fine shoved into one server sure, but spread between 3 ongoing servers which are already underpopulated then a 4th fresh it’ll be dead in a month.

Fresh is a novelty thing which some will play, even for popular regions this is true… which is why there are only 2 per mega region.

There’s no way the fresh server will survive for Aussie it’s a fantasy, you guys can say thousands all you like.

I get it nobody wants to play with immense time zone and ping issues but this is how it is.

You understand you just proved his point right ? We have the population for it but we don’t have the longevity of the server actually surviving.

Also no we there wouldn’t be queues on the Fresh server nor there has been for a very long time, The problem with Classic launch and queues was they had small limits ( which they’ve now increased ) for server stability which was garbage anyway and layers which are an amazing thing.

Mate it comes down to way more than just if an OCE server is feasible in the long-run.

Fact is, without OCE Fresh, a huge chuck of OCE players will never play, or go to US - meaning all existing OCE servers suffer tremendously because they miss out on the influx of players to the region to keep it healthy.

There is no problem merging the server if it fails, there is a big problem turning players away at the door without even giving it a chance.

Then add to the fact that they should have told us months ago we werent getting Fresh so that people could actually try to catch-up on an existing server.

Instead they did nothing and have burned 1000’s of people wanting to come back for Fresh WotLK.

If you actually read the earlier comments, most of us are aware that a new Fresh server is a roll of the dice - we aren’t claiming it will be a mega-server - we just want a shot at making it work.

5 Likes

Whatever it doesn’t bother me either way I just wouldn’t hold your breath. Your fate is in the hands of blizzard who rarely give in to anything short of major backlash. Does Aussie fresh have that backlash threshold? Doubtful

Elrond is in here but he isn’t going full sperg like last time, Maybe hes stopped talking to the Durag boys or learnt his lesson after getting muted for ages.

So no, No we don’t.

The pre-established servers are garbage because too many noobs stacked horde. They made it unplayable for alliance & were relentless in ganking in the open world, many alliance players quit because of it

They then ruined our BG queues by having us inserted into US servers because all the horde players who ruined their queues & servers were crying about queue times

There are plenty of players to populate a new server with just new people alone & I think people like you are terrified at the concept of a new server, because many people would jump ship to play on a server that’s balanced better & not primarily a horde server

They have the infrastructure available, but they don’t want to use it.
They have two threads with around 1500 posts in them regarding a new OCE server.
A miniscule amount of the playerbase comes to these forums.
A large quantity of posts consist of people advising they had multiple friends, or ex guildies that had all planned to start playing again with WoTLK on a fresh server.

If the 1500 posts consist of 1000 people saying they want to play again & all of those 1000 people have 1-5 friends who were going to be coming back, that would be several thousand people already.

Original WoW servers used to be 2500 people
The interest in a new server far surpasses 2500
My old guild from WoW classic fell apart in TBC, a lot of people stopped playing TBC pretty early on with Argual alliance, it was unplayable because of the world pvp & the huge imbalance of horde as well. That old guild was planning on re-forming on the fresh server, so there is instantly 20+ people that I know of who planned to make a return

There are many more in the same situation that were waiting & excited to play fresh

If you don’t care for a fresh server, then why bother posting? You obviously care because your’re concerned people will jump ship on your bloated unbalanced server

There would be queues every day on a single fresh server, the launch was hyped up in many circles & all those unsubbed people who you don’t see or take notice of, most of them won’t sub at all now & the ones that are sad enough to sub and play on a US server won’t be noticed by you either

Even if the server dies after a year, it’s still a year of profits for each player which would likely be several thousand & amount to more than a million bucks in profits from subs & the worst part is that they have empty classic servers open which have zero people playing on both faction at any time, but they won’t re-use that infrastructure -_-

This is a disrespectful slap to the face for our region regardless of if you care for a new server or not, they have made it clear as day that they don’t consider the oceanic region to amount to anything & they will never consider our region at all in the future either for anything

3 Likes

Probably not - although there are now over 1000 comments since Friday talking about OCE Fresh between 2 threads.

Definitely not holding my breath - infact likely experiencing my final interactions with the WoW community right now, on the forums, sharing disappointment with the people I was planning on playing with.

5 Likes

Negative. Every player coming back doesn’t plan on playing for 10 years after it’s launch.

From a business perspective, Blizzard should be saying
“Ok, we have these old WoW classic servers that aren’t played at all anymore. Lets condense these & re-use the infrastructure to put up a WoTLK classic server”

but the server will just die eventually!
“That’s ok, if we have 10,000 subs for 1 year that equates to around $2,400,000 AUD for that year, it’s better than giving them the middle finger & having them not pay for subs”

How can you not see this perspective? You just think they should be catering for a hardcore playerbase that will play the game for years and years after it launches?
Most the people coming back have families & full time jobs now & are a lot older than they were when the game came out, once raid progression is over most people will be gone

Then guess what, they can merge the low pop/dead servers into ones that have more players

Do you truly think the better option is to just cut out all returning players who were looking forward to playing on a fresh server? How is that even a profitable business model

3 Likes

The fact is OCE realms consistently makes up 20% of the US player base (I can prove it if I must).

It can imo sustain a fresh realm, and even if it’s a massive flop here, then they can merge it after 90 days with existing OCE realms, seems pretty simple.

5 Likes